Power Commander/Bazzaz vs FTECU | GTAMotorcycle.com

Power Commander/Bazzaz vs FTECU

mistersouthpaw

I just threw a PC5 in my girlfriends R3, and I hate it already. This is more of a rant than anything. Why would anyone choose to use a power commander over FTECU flashing kit. Way more options with your ecu, and open/closed loop not an issue. ****, you can even load the dynojet maps into your ecu as the base map. In all fairness, I payed a fraction of the list price of a PC5 (got a csbk one that they were planning to use for some testing) but I am FTECU fo' lyfe.

Question 1: What's the status of the oxygen sensor?
A: Stock oxygen sensor still connected
B: Oxygen sensor unplugged (or removed entirely) and left open at the harness
C: The "O2 Optimizer" sold with the PC5 is plugged in to the harness, and the oxygen sensor is unplugged or removed entirely.

Question 2: What's in there for a map?
A: Default map that came with the PC5 or the default one from their website, and you've not done any tuning.
B: You've had it on the dyno and had it tuned, hopefully by someone who knew what they were doing.

No argument that FTECU gives you many more options, but there's one thing the PC5 can do on that bike that FTECU cannot: Quickshifter!

The PC5 is also easier for trackside fine-tuning.

I have both a reflashed ECU and a PC5 on my R3 ...

I havent got an exhaust yet, but it will be the hindle with the evolution before spring. I love the look and buy canadian. I did not run the O2 optimizer and will run the stock O2 sensor like you mentioned previously. I loaded a map for a yosh R77 slip on and stock air filter, was closest to the akra slip on stock air filter that the bike currently has. Just basically wanted to test the PC5 for any error codes and to make sure the install was good.

Question for you- When you purchase FTECU - you get the cables and bike specific harness, and then a software license - Is that software license limited to the bike you have purchased it for?

I am going to go with the FTECU for my 636 and if the license is not restricted to whatever bike I purchased a harness and got the license with, ill probably get a harness for the R3 as well.

FTECU was able to do quickshifter on both bikes I had it on (gsxr600 and R6) but its horrible. Could never get it to work right on either bike and the FTECU support team can suck my balls. They are useless.

Also, FTECU is web based, so you always need an internet connection. Try doing that at bogie or cayuga on tethering to your cell phone with barely any reception.

Its also slow as F......trying to get the ECU to boot into write mode every time, then count the minutes for the flash to happen, where as a baz or PC5 is instant adjustment

Id stay away from FTECU from my experiences. Looks good on paper, thats all.

FTECU was able to do quickshifter on both bikes I had it on (gsxr600 and R6) but its horrible. Could never get it to work right on either bike and the FTECU support team can suck my balls. They are useless.

Also, FTECU is web based, so you always need an internet connection. Try doing that at bogie or cayuga on tethering to your cell phone with barely any reception.

Its also slow as F......trying to get the ECU to boot into write mode every time, then count the minutes for the flash to happen, where as a baz or PC5 is instant adjustment

Id stay away from FTECU from my experiences. Looks good on paper, thats all.

Lmao, good insight. Are you actually a mall santa?

• Haha
Reactions: TK4

Back
Top Bottom