powder coating rims | GTAMotorcycle.com

powder coating rims

wantsabike

what have you had done and were do you go for it ?

looking into gettin my rims done this year, do i need to disassemble them ? or do the coaters do it ?

what have yous payed ? im looking for someone in guelph hopefully

JohnnyP636 on this forum did my buddy's R6 raven rims. You can bring in the bare rims (cheaper) or bring the bike itself. He does it for a good price and the finish is great, but he is in Mississauga.

unless you take it to a bike guy (JohnnyP) disassemble and reassemble yourself. Coating guys I've met are not who I'd let put my wheel together.

Last edited:
I've never taken mine apart before, nor do I really have somewere to leave a bike without rims on it properly lol :(

I was there yesterday. $20 to gloss black a rear bag rack. He had finished bike and hot rod stuff in the front office. I'd be happy to take stuff there again.

edit. if you need sandblasting he has a contact just south of Ancaster

I thought he did blasting as well, he did my rims, even though I has them spotless, he still gave em a shot, before he powdercoated

I've never taken mine apart before, nor do I really have somewere to leave a bike without rims on it properly lol :(

Well then you need a friend with a garage, or a storage unit, or someone who will do it all for you, and then you will need lots of cash, the less you can do, or are able to do, the more it comes out of your pocket.....

I thought he did blasting as well, he did my rims, even though I has them spotless, he still gave em a shot, before he powdercoated

Hmmm, recently? He handed me a business card to a guy on Book Rd. Jerseyville last October.

last year, give or take, it's even on their web page

Metal Works Powder Coating is a full service job shop offering sandblasting for small to medium sized pieces. Arrangements can be made for any large pieces

my bad......

he phosphated the rims to be clean, before powder coating,,,,,,,but they will/did do small sand blasting last time I was there....

Last edited:
last year, give or take, it's even on their web page

my bad......

he phosphated the rims to be clean, before powder coating,,,,,,,but they will/did do small sand blasting last time I was there....

Don't know what to say......maybe because I brought large steel door frames last year? It would be odd that he wouldn't do sand blasting in house. Next time I will sort it out with him.

There's a place in Pickering that does great work.
Just had my car wheels done by them.
Charged $120/wheel to strip to bare aluminum and recoat.
Turn around was 3 days

This guy has spoke rims
He's looking for someone to take them spokes out powder coat and true the hub back to rim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes my rims have spokes so dunno if it will matter or if they can be left in and etc or if it better to fork out 1000$ for new rims and tires for the bike and call it done lol but that's a lot of bread for rims and tires just to have a look I want lol

There a pic it old but it does show the rims I have and rthe style they are yes

Attachments

• ktm.jpg
    ktm.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom