Possible to buy a bike and store without insurance? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Possible to buy a bike and store without insurance?

ajatt

Site Supporter
Hey I'm looking to upgrade my bike and there are some really good deals on right now, but my current policy doesn't expire until July and my current insurance company does not cover supersport bikes.

Is it possible to buy a supersport bike and just keep it in my garage until a later time and then get insurance for it when I'm ready to sell my other bike and use the new one?

Would this affect my insurance in any way like a bad record for having an uninsured bike?

Is it possible to have 2 different insurance companies on two different bikes?

I've already paid my full year for my current bike as well.

I know some of these questions might be dumb but any answers would be great thanks a lot.

Is it possible to buy a supersport bike and just keep it in my garage until a later time and then get insurance for it when I'm ready to sell my other bike and use the new one?

Would this affect my insurance in any way like a bad record for having an uninsured bike?

Is it possible to have 2 different insurance companies on two different bikes?

Yes
No
Yes

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot! lol

No problem lol, just make sure you have good security since SS bikes are frequently stolen.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

Yeah got a private garage I will be getting theft coverage for the bike as well.

state farm had no problem with it when I bought my 1000, although to be honest, the pro-rating of insurance will likely make it negligible vs just putting regular insurance on it in the winter months. To be honest though I'd want to have an insurance policy figured out before I'd buy a SS.

state farm had no problem with it when I bought my 1000, although to be honest, the pro-rating of insurance will likely make it negligible vs just putting regular insurance on it in the winter months. To be honest though I'd want to have an insurance policy figured out before I'd buy a SS.

I agree I just wanted to kind of have a general idea I will get a quote before I buy a bike.

If you're financing the debt holder will demand coverage. Other than that, transfer as fit, unplated. When you want a plate just show insurance and you're good to go.

Back
Top Bottom