pooched 02 SV650s motor | GTAMotorcycle.com

pooched 02 SV650s motor

Mikey_T

I am a fairly new rider and was in the middle of my first scenic ride to niagara when my bike decided to die,upon going to rosey toes, ted starts the bike and tells me that it is the motor. I now need a new motor and am wondering if there is a salvage yard in the GTA to find such a thing. Or the possibilities of swapping to a bigger or more current model motor. I have gotten some great advice thru the readings on here,I hope I can come up with an answer to get me on the road again soon. Thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge you veterains hold to this topic

Dont waste your time at Ontario salvage yards. Best price I have got recently (last month) was $1200 for one. Go private or better yet in the states. You have a first gen bike. You can use a second gen but have to change the ignition and flywheel and swap the FI for your carbs. Stay away from the 03 it has crank casting issues that can end with the crank breaking in half with no warning (ask me how I know).

I'm affraid to ask how,but what years would fit in my frame,has the geometry not changed over the last decade? Or is there maybe a slim chance of slipping an older gsxr 750 in there?:),just being the optimist here

Any year SV650 will fit 03+ were fuelies and require the mods in my first post. There is no way your getting ANY inline four into an SV frame. The frame rails are narrow and barely get by a single cylinder head let alone four. You "may" be able to retro another V twin in there but all the cutting and pasting would be VERY expensive. If you want a bigger bike just part yours out and use the repair money to buy what you want. Or fix it and sell the SV and get what you want.

Back
Top Bottom