Police LEDs for TRACK ONLY. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Police LEDs for TRACK ONLY.

Maybe i'll do it now just for you guys ;)

Thanks for the laughs though! :D

Haha I was expecting these replies.
I am aware that it wouldn't pass tech.

It was a hypothetical question, about the legality of such a setup.

I still haven't gotten an answer. Is it "impersonating a police vehicle" if you're on a road track?

As long as youre not out and riding it around on public roads, no.

Its legal to own old police cruiser, youre supposed to remove the colors but i think if you had a historic police vehicle, you'd be allowed to keep its colors... again as long as youre not driving it out on the road. It would be trailer to shows only.

Legally, there is nothing prohibiting you from equipping your vehicle with red and blue strobes, and using them off of public highways.

The HTA prohibits the use of flashing blue on all vehicles other than snow plows and police cars. Flashing red may be used, only to the rear, as hazard lights (but they shouldnt strobe).

You would only be charged with impersonating a peace officer if you are acting in a manner in which the public might believe you are an officer. For example, pulling people over, or getting advancement in traffic, or through crowds. This applies on an off road.

Last edited:
As long as youre not out and riding it around on public roads, no.

Its legal to own old police cruiser, youre supposed to remove the colors but i think if you had a historic police vehicle, you'd be allowed to keep its colors... again as long as youre not driving it out on the road. It would be trailer to shows only.

Colours are fine. You can make your car black and white, or patterned exactly like any police car without issue. As long as it doesnt say "police", or have any wording which would give the public explicit impression of being a police car (says Highway Safety Division, TAVIS, etc), its legit. Look at companies like X-Copper and other security agencies, looking just like cop cars, but are totally civilian.

Maybe i'll do it now just for you guys ;)

Thanks for the laughs though! :D

[video=youtube;fznHg_1GiVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fznHg_1GiVk&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

I ran them for a few laps at the Turn2 5PM-dusk session at Cayuga. First time there was no problems, but second time it was getting pretty dark out, and I got black flagged! (I was expecting as much) marshal said they were too distracting.

I turned them off and went right back out there. Would have been fun to get some footage on the track, but I was there by myself, so no dice.

Taking them out before my next day.

Last edited:
I ran them for a few laps at the Turn2 5PM-dusk session at Cayuga. First time there was no problems, but second time it was getting pretty dark out, and I got black flagged! (I was expecting as much) marshal said they were too distracting.

I turned them off and went right back out there. Would have been fun to get some footage on the track, but I was there by myself, so no dice.

Taking them out before my next day.

Besides the track legality issue, it seems to me that it would be counter-productive to run police type strobes on the track. It would be logical that many track riders are doing off-road only these days because of legal implications, actual or potential, of riding fast on public road ways where police lights mean a world of hurt.. If they see it on the track.. instinct says OH NOZZZ.. must GO FASTER .. He must not catch me!

Back
Top Bottom