Polaris purchases Indian Motorcycle Co. to add to it's Victory lineup. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Polaris purchases Indian Motorcycle Co. to add to it's Victory lineup.

Yeah, saw that get announced late today. Interesting. I really like the Victory bikes. the one Vegas Jackpot at the bike show was awesome!

Christ, why don't they stop flogging that Indian horse and just let it die? How many times does that extinct marque have to be dragged through the mud, gasping for air only to be pulled out yet again for another kick at the can?

Christ, why don't they stop flogging that Indian horse and just let it die? How many times does that extinct marque have to be dragged through the mud, gasping for air only to be pulled out yet again for another kick at the can?

All we really want is the T-shirts anyhow.

Polaris probably have the deep pockets necessary to carry this off. It will be interesting to see if we end up with Indian / Polaris dealerships which could help attract clientel.

I want a Ducati T-shirt, not an Indian one. I have never really understood the appeal of the brand.

I think this is a good move for polaris. Their victory bike line does really well and they support it fairly well too. As long as they dont start making crap bikes, this should be a good move for them.

They have the dealer network, and the factories already tooled to make bikes. They are just really buying the name, not the tech. Good move I think.

th is probably the best possible for thr indian brand.

You mean like what they've been doing with Norton?

Didn't we have Excelsior back for a while.Heck,why not bring back "Ivor Johnson" too.Lol

Didn't we have Excelsior back for a while.Heck,why not bring back "Ivor Johnson" too.Lol

Don't forget the brief comeback of Matchless in the late 80's. And that Czech made contraption flying the BSA logo around that same time frame.

Now all we need is for someone to bring Vincent back from the dead and everyone can say they've ridden a Black Prince and lived to tell the story without gaining any impressive scars or burns

Horex is back with a 1200cc VR6 motor :)

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2010/06/15/horex-motorcycles-returns-with-new-1200cc-vr6/

Back on topic, the new(est) Indians that they were showing off at the January show I thought looked quite good and should fit in nicely with the Victory's in showrooms. It will give the dealers a nice two pronged approach to competing with Harley. They will have the "modern" American V-Twin with Victory and the "nostalgia" line with Indian. They should be complementary on the sales floor with little overlap in business.

I hope it works out for them, I like the Victory's and I've always loved the old Indian style.

I'm happy to see somebody well funded and already in the motorbike business pick this up. It could go very well.

Vincent is mounting a small comeback, boutique builds at $40k, not for everybody, but vincent never was, much like brough, which is making a small comeback at 100k a ride....

Back
Top Bottom