Pocket motorcycles - looking for parts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pocket motorcycles - looking for parts

GateKeeper

Hopefully the collective here can assist in helping me track down, sites, or vendors, locations, etc for parts and such, for Pocket Bikes....

I have recently acquired one, it need a new fuel tank, current one is cracked, needs a battery, charging cable, and some other bits and pieces

Any good leads on where to start.....

no marking on bike, to say who made it or where it's from, could be Made in China, the good thing, is it's all there, has good compression, just needs a few bits to get it back in running condition......

Well, since it's not street legal, you can fabricobble it together. What do you plan on using it for once it's fixed? That can change how dodgy your solutions are allowed to be. Tao motor is near 400/Finch. They import all sorts of disposal vehicles, they may have some parts from bikes that came already garbage.

don't want to do much with it, just get running, not really my thing, but I like to tinker, original tank would be great, as the plastics will go back on with no issues or modifications.

I have no experience with these bikes, they don't look very complicated, so just a bit of fun for a few weeks.

6NbFV3n.jpg

Does it run? What is current fuel tank made of, it may be easier and cheaper to repair than replace.

Does it really need the battery? I'd just pull start it if it can run without it (which I would be surprised if it couldn't).

Projects are fun, but this thing is going to be worth close to $0 when you are done, so if it were me, I wouldn't want to put to much into to get it complete.

I am a big fan of the "charge" button to start the bike

That looks like great fun if you have somewhere to ride it.
Fuel tank off a really old chainsaw might work.
or a roto tiller

plastic white fuel tank, brittle, it's why it cracked, and has a chunk missing, so not repairable.

I know it's not worth much if anything, but the thrill is to fix it, get it running

I don't know if it will or won't run without the battery, or all the electronics in place, it has good compression, so it should work, it appears to not have been used much, just sat around, the charge is for charging the battery I would imagine, but again, not sure....

researching on the interweb, but not a whole lot of info....

I just might have to hodge podge it together and see what happens

plastic white fuel tank, brittle, it's why it cracked, and has a chunk missing, so not repairable.

I know it's not worth much if anything, but the thrill is to fix it, get it running

I don't know if it will or won't run without the battery, or all the electronics in place, it has good compression, so it should work, it appears to not have been used much, just sat around, the charge is for charging the battery I would imagine, but again, not sure....

researching on the interweb, but not a whole lot of info....

I just might have to hodge podge it together and see what happens

I'd definitely try and get it running using a spare car battery sitting on the floor and a water bottle of gas before I sourced and paid for the correct parts.

I started thinking that a jerry can could be a semi-suitable replacement, but you really need something tank shaped to cup your knees and keep you on the bike.

If that "charge" is a port, not a button, I guess it's possible that it has no internal charging and is just running a total loss ignition. If that's the case, it will need a battery for sure.

yes I will first get it going, no sense in spending cash on bits if the thing don't even work and run.....

if it does, off to the races......

it's not a button, it's a 3 prong port, I think it was 3 prong, but it's definitely not a button.......

so battery is required, it's a small battery 12V, easy to find, used in home alarm panels, etc....

Last edited:
Isn't it a 2-stroke?

Lots of dtuff on Amazon.ca Royal Distributing has some parts listed under Chines. No tanks.

There was a place in Hamilton that had that stuff. Tsunami something.... On Main St right downtown

Seriously doubt you need a battery, think weed whip engine. Clean the carburetor and see if it has even been touched.

... I think the foot pegs are on the wrong sides 2.

Royal Distributing carries a surprisingly huge amount of offshore pocket bike parts.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I used to maintain a fleet of the smaller ones, had a couple like yours but sold them after I had “removed the Chinese” so they worked properly. I might still have some parts, do you have a picture of the tank? I would not run it 20/1, use a high quality oil, and run 35-40/1. And mix it the same every time, there is screws to adjust the carb much like a chainsaw they are just needles for high and low. Also if it’s the small #25 chain it’s needs to be oiled every 30min of runtime or they snap.

One more thing, when you try to start it make sure the starter pawl is fully engaged before you pull for real, most of them are just plastic and can’t take being slammed into the flywheel. You only need a battery if you want to use the electric start, it has its own lighting coil with R/R

Back
Top Bottom