place to stay in montreal? | GTAMotorcycle.com

place to stay in montreal?

clutch

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Montreal? Just a bed sleep in, affordable and nothing fancy.

Are you just passing through or spending time in Montreal? Downtown or ????

just passing through for a night. not really looking for a bnb. downtown would be nice but doesnt have to be.

You'll find a way wider range - it's not formal BnBs on the there....there is a whole range.

$34 a night

large.jpg

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/2078

Centrally located clean comfy furnished room very close to Laurier Metro in trendy Le Plateau. The room has its own lock and has wide windows overlooking a small well-kept garden, has 1 real double bed, a dresser, wide mirror, chair, TV and a study table. The neighbourhood is friendly and quite. Shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, specialty stores are within walking distance. Bixi bikes stations near by. Wireless internet available. I provide clean sheets and towels. Full use of kitchen and bathroom.
Wireless internet available.

There a number under $60

Last edited:
i use to get rooms at mcgill university residence for the f1 race... was cheap back then...
and its in downtown

Google is your friend.
Try- "Montreal Hotels"
Last year we stayed at the Novotel, nice place, great downtown location.

Last edited:
My typical experience on airbnb is to find a pile of rooms that cost more than a hotel and have to shared with the person that owns the place and then when I try to book it, after checking the availability calendar, I get an email 3 days before I'm supposed to be there saying it's not actually available.

Not sure where you are staying but that's not my experience.

$54 Cdn for a decent room with ensuite 5 meters from the Guggenheim in Bilbao Spain - no hotel will get close to that.
AirBnB is pretty strict with the providers - bad experiences don't go unpunished.

••

Novotel is a decent chain ( my step daughter manages one ) but not budget.
Montreal tho is awash in cheap lodging...
http://www.canadianhotelguide.com/ca/Quebec-hotels/Montreal-hotels.html

but of course you get what you pay for

$45CAD
Hotel Eureka
1553 Rue Saint-Andre, Montreal

stars_sml_1.png

Last edited:
For a while :D
Gift and I are reasonably well off...bargains keep us that way and the drug companies pay for the five star

Happy with our Airbnb in Segovia tho a garrulous host
Wish I had a bike. Some insane roads

I've stayed at the Novotel. It was pretty good. If I remember correctly they had sliding windows above the air conditioner in the room that were screwed shut but the screws were so loose you could take them out by hand and chill on the old balcony. Probably not safe though heh.

Back
Top Bottom