Pit tents | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pit tents

xfactor

Site Supporter
Anyone know of a decent place to pick up a pit tent? I know Wal-mart has some, but I wouldn't mind picking up one that last for more than few seasons.
thanks,

Caravan canopies (at Costco i think) or Impact Canopy are probably the best quality.

Caravan canopies (at Costco i think) or Impact Canopy are probably the best quality.

Spend an extra $100-$200 and get something that will last and can stand up to reasonable winds so you don't frantically run after it down the pits.

The wall-mart one I got for $60 will last this season if I'm lucky at all... crazy winds bent two of the legs and completely demolished my neighbours canopy!

Spend an extra $100-$200 and get something that will last and can stand up to reasonable winds so you don't frantically run after it down the pits.

The wall-mart one I got for $60 will last this season if I'm lucky at all... crazy winds bent two of the legs and completely demolished my neighbours canopy!

My walmart one broke last season...so I just took it back and got a new one, lol

the bottomless walmart canopy

Currently use the Walmart model, has one broken/repaired strut but has survived 3 seasons without too much grief (~12 TDs/yr). Just need to make sure you anchor it well. Benefit is that in its cover it is comparatively small vs the more beefy models.

I actually prefer the design of the Caravan from Costco, but had replaced 3 (yes 3) on consecutive track days since the plastic mechanism they use to keep the legs extended kept popping its cover and spring across the parking lot. Could have been a bad batch as I've never read any such problems from others, but the Walmart canopy uses the same simple design you see in the Impact canopies. Caravan's just seems stupidly complicated for holding a leg up.

I bought a canopy tent (with sides) from the states online and shipped it to buffalo. It was $240 plus bringing it across the boarder for the 'commercial grade' aluminum model. I used it for the first time at TMP last thursday and loved it. But that being said, the specs of the Costco.ca tent are very similar and is $230 with free shipping, and you have a bunch of colors to choose from (the website I bought from only had white or black).

I have no regrets over what I bought, but if I could do it over again I probably would have saved some hassle and bought the costco one.

I have the costco one and never had any problems with it. They currently don't have any in stock but i'm sure you could find the same product somewhere else. I think i paid $200 for mine tax in. I also got the white model to keep the heat out.

you can order impact from costco online, its 210 right now

Thx. I'm going to check out Costco.

Back
Top Bottom