Pirelli Angel GT II, Michelin Road 5 or Dunlop Road Smart 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pirelli Angel GT II, Michelin Road 5 or Dunlop Road Smart 3

ifiddles

looks like I need new shoes...went to head out for a ride today only to find the rear flat :( as soon as hubby gets home, we'll put it up on the rear stand to take a look at the tire, but with just over 20,000 km on them, I think I've got my money's worth out of the stock set...so Ace Moto Tech actually has the three listed and at a decent price including installation...reviews look good on all three, so which ones would you go with? I had the Angel GTs on my FZ6R, replaced them with the Michelin PR4 which I loved...currently on Michelin Road 3 which are good as well...the Michelin and Dunlop have a rebate offer good until tomorrow, so time is of the essence :D

Road Smart 3. Great tire. Rears (tried 2, just ordered another after a pair of Pirelli Angel ST's) lasted about 8k of spirited riding on the Dragon, Cherohala and then, sadly, our local straight roads. The Roadsmart 3 didn't slip out once on 12 minutes runs of the Dragon fyi.
This on a KTM RC8r - a torque monster that destroys rear tires quickly.

I know people who have said they're disappointed in the new Michelin PR5. Never tried the Pirelli Angel GT (it might be a way to heavy duty tire for a light bike - it's designed to have lots of weight on it).

To be fair, I paired the Roadsmart 3 rear with a Q3+ front. Rear slippage I can deal with, front, well, that's just butt puckering.

I have RoadSmart 3s on my SV and would recommend. Had them on for approx. 3,000 kms + one track day (green group) on one of the hottest days of the year and can't really fault them. Only rode through heavy rain once with them on - had a moment with a bit of slip from the rear on acceleration, but likely more to do with an eager right hand than the tires. Pic below after last session on track.

Also read that they use them at Ron Haslam Race School (Honda Ron Haslam Race School) so it would seem that they offer a good compromise of performance and longevity.

IMG-20200710-WA0014.jpg

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom