Pining over a new helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pining over a new helmet

Clutt-225

So I’ve been really looking at the Klim Krios pro.
they had a perfect grey with gloss carbon and orange that I would have bought instantly if I had seen it before it was discontinued. Sadly I keep seeing it in GP bikes adds on Facebook 🤬
So I like the new Rally colours Blue white orange and gloss carbon it’s not bad.
I also like the plain matte carbon but overall it’s just black.
Im tempted to get the Hi vis and gloss carbon as I really like the look, the fact it is a safety factor does not play into my colour choic but is a plus I guess. My main concern with the high vis would be fading. I have a factory custom painted Trek mountain bike in a very very bright orange called radioactive orange. I pealed off a bike shop sticker that revealed slight fading after only one year. on a bike that spends most of its time in a garage or the shaded forest.
I don’t want to spend that much coin on a helmet that will likely fade.

Has anyone here had experience with a hi vis helmet fading?

I have a Shoei GT-Air II . It has hi-viz with matte finish.
I have not noticed any fading but I think my next helmet will be white with gloss finish.
I like the Hi-Viz aspect but I think and have read that a white helmet actually stands out more than a hi-viz color.

1661218945200.png

krios-pro-helmet-charger-hi-viz-3610-000-120-012_1.jpg

I have a Schuberth C3 Pro, with the yellow that hasn't faded.
iu

Last edited:
I have a Bell hi-vis green, bought in early 2017 (or late 2016...I can't remember exactly) and the top is definitely fading...but then so are the black parts of my jacket as well as some of the hi-vis parts...

It’s the nature of the beast. They all fade eventually. See here Conservation problems with paintings containing fluorescent layers ...

How long it takes is the question. Probably a good few years before it really bugs you and then you’ll be ready for a new one.

Also, look at the Nexx helmets and Nishua if you like that style and don’t want to pay the price. Klim uses both those helmet brands for its lineup, adds a few things, takes a way a few things and rebrands them as Klim.

Bought a Klim Krios last year. I have about 30k km on it and it has faded a little. Klim helmets are very difficult to get parts for. Common problem is the visor detent mechanism wearing out.I won't be able to get the parts needed till next year.
Arai or Shoei!

That is the orange I really really want in a small.
I’ve been told it’s gone though 🤷‍♂️
I should have bought one when I had the chence.

That is the orange I really really want in a small.
I’ve been told it’s gone though 🤷‍♂️
I should have bought one when I had the chence.
shame, its dope!

Are the people experiencing fading using any UV/Sun protective coatings for protection?

Back
Top Bottom