Petrucci from MotoGP to Dakar Rally! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Petrucci from MotoGP to Dakar Rally!

big understatement. lol

...but yeah, was thinking the same thing. ...and the other factory riders will help "train" him too.

Dakar for Newbies:

Prologue / Stage 1A:

Petrucci in 23rd

Stage 1B:

Petrucci in 13th after a bunch of the front runners get lost for 30 minutes to an hour!

Petrucci in 13th after a bunch of the front runners get lost for 30 minutes to an hour!

Whohoo!!!

That's the danger of being a front-runner, especially for bikes. Roadbook only received 20 minutes before the race, you're the first class of vehicles out of the gates, absolutely no tracks on the ground to follow.

Last edited:
They call it the Joker, which drops you out of overall ranked classification, but still allows you to complete the rally:

And just like that he’s out? Fuel line issues? DNF?
Correct me if iam wrong - he has such a clean orange jacket AFTER the finish - did only 150km…

NM just saw the posts above - hopefully he is a joker and will get another life :)

One article suggested he might be able to rejoin with a large time penalty. I suspect that he would choose to do so, in order to get the experience and figure out if he's fast enough to be a contender next year.

Damn.

He was doing pretty well for his first time out. He will restart Tuesday, but not be in the official classification. Will be good for experience.

In other news, Petrux to MotoAmerica SBK riding a Panigale: Petrucci: "After MotoGP and the Dakar, I will go to MotoAmerica" - MotoAmerica

Petrucci back in the race. 22nd place (+2hr 44min) on stage 3 and the third placed rookie on the stage, and he's still listed as 136th (+30 hours) in the overall standings. The fact that he's still listed in the overall ranking suggests that he didn't need to take the Joker thing and can still compete with everyone else, but I'm not clear on that.

Stage 3:

Also a brief mention of Carlos Cecha (in the car class) in this one.

Back
Top Bottom