Petcock position. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Petcock position.

Power_Man

I never can tell.
What position is it in?
43c1343a-d08c-1b01.jpg

I'm being serious.

I'm trying to figure out if it works, but I ran out of fuel the other day, and flipped it to what I thought was RES and nothing.

So in the above photo, Is it ON, OFF, OR RES?

2-18 in your owners manual.

Whatever it says when it's pointing up is what it's on. So, in that pic, it's RES.

It may be ****ed given how old the bike is. Take it apart and see.

2-18 in your owners manual.

Whatever it says when it's pointing up is what it's on. So, in that pic, it's RES.

It may be ****ed given how old the bike is. Take it apart and see.

Thank you.

No owners manual.

I will take her apart.

Run the bike with a full tank of gas and then try each position for a minute. The position the 'off' indicator is in when the engine dies is the same position you want to set the valve for on and reserve.

Run the bike with a full tank of gas and then try each position for a minute. The position the 'off' indicator is in when the engine dies is the same position you want to set the valve for on and reserve.

Yeah, I tried that the day I ran out of fuel. But after leaving it in what I thought was off for a while, nothing happened.
How long should it take to drain the bowls/lines?

only takes a few minutes really to start noticing some starvation... Your petcock is in Reserve in that photo.

Yeah, I tried that the day I ran out of fuel. But after leaving it in what I thought was off for a while, nothing happened.
How long should it take to drain the bowls/lines?

98 ZX9 the fuel tap in the picture is in the reserve position.

Back
Top Bottom