Pembroke to Ottawa | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pembroke to Ottawa

gqelements

Site Supporter
Going to Ottawa on Monday and after swinging though 518 and Algonquin Park, wondering if there are any twisty or suggested roads between Pembroke (well Barry's Bay, where i'll wind up out of Algonquin) and Ottawa; or should I drop down to Elephant Lake instead of trying to find something along the Ottawa river?

Any input is welcome!

Last edited:
Going to Ottawa on Monday and after swinging though 518 and Algonquin Park, wondering if there are any twisty or suggested roads between Pembroke (well Barry's Bay, where i'll wind up out of Algonquin) and Ottawa; or should I drop down to Elephant Lake instead of trying to find something along the Ottawa river?

Any input is welcome!

There's a fair few reasonable roads between Barry's Bay to Calabogie and then Almonte but after Almonte it's not that interesting as you get closer to Ottawa. If you cross over the river into Quebec it's pretty rural but also pretty straight too.

There's a fair few reasonable roads between Barry's Bay to Calabogie and then Almonte but after Almonte it's not that interesting as you get closer to Ottawa. If you cross over the river into Quebec it's pretty rural but also pretty straight too.

And the roads on the Quebec side are never in good shape (I was born and raised in that area).

There are a couple, but nothing awesome. The road maintenance in renfrew county sucks, you'd be better off with knobbies and big suspension up here lol.

There are a couple, but nothing awesome. The road maintenance in renfrew county sucks, you'd be better off with knobbies and big suspension up here lol.

Great, thanks... another Bogie Bogie it is then.
Maybe trek up there with my next bike which will be a dual-sport.

Back
Top Bottom