Parking ticket today | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking ticket today

Emefef

Site Supporter
Parking enforcement on Front Street between Bay and Yonge has been "cracking down" lately. One day a truck was ticketed while pouring concrete (I guess the officer compared to the paper shredding guys. Other contractor vehicles have been ticketed, and standing limos ordered to move on.
Today was particularly frustrating. Most of the spots were taken, with a few that were left blocked by standing limos (outside the parking zones are No Standing zones). So I looked further east, went around the block, side streets up to King, along Wellington - everything was jammed, or the permitted parking times hadn't started.

I ended up a little close to a fire hydrant on the south side of Yonge, but it's always seemed that as long as there was a reasonable space, the officers didn't actually measure for 3m. I knew it might be close, so I went back mid-morning to check for another spot I could move to. Well today, the "reasonable space" got filled in by more bikes, and 4 of us got tickets. I know mine was less than 3m, but $100 is pretty steep when I could have been 2.8m away, and other bikes parked directly in front of the hydrant.

I'll plead guilty and just hope I can get it reduced.
BTW, for those of you that count on enforcement not showing up until around 12:30, don't. I got tagged at 9:55.

Just file for a trial. odds are it will never go and they will just "forget about it". I'm still waiting for a trial date from a ticket over a year ago.

Yep. The worst that could happen is I still pay the $100.

Nothing. Left my tape measure at home. It's funny - when I found it, I was telling a friend how there was a pretty big gap between the two of us that parked on either side at the same time. Then I found one of the guys that parked in the gap, almost directly in front of the hydrant. He said "Nope, there was no gap"). Hmmmm. Really? how'd you fit?

I had a hydrant ticket, took it to trial and after about a year and a half got the court date. They ended up reducing to 25$ from 100$ but based on pictures I provided that it was the city's fault for painting a parking spot near a hydrant. They told me if I want the 25$ back I'll have to fight with the city.

Yep. The worst that could happen is I still pay the $100.

Not exactly. If you apply for the trial, you are asking for additional court processing fee to be applied on top of the $100.

Not exactly. If you apply for the trial, you are asking for additional court processing fee to be applied on top of the $100.

I don't think that's correct. I'm entitled to a trial. If I don't pay the set fine, fail to deliver a Notice of Intent to Appear, or don't appear at my trial, then I'll be convicted and upon conviction I'll be required to pay court costs.
That's different than appearing at trial and being convicted.

I mean how did the parking guy measure. He likely didnt have a tape measure.
Ahh. He may have, since he ticketed 4 bikes. I think there is some badly faded paint on the curb he have relied upon. It's worth asking if the trial goes forward, that's for sure.

I figure since there was almost no gap at all, he recognized this as uncommonly bountiful day, and may have actually made some notes. HOWEVER, I will file my Notice just in case.

Oh man I should totally have gone to trial with my parking ticket I got last year.
I parked on north side of Bloor at about 3 and got back 20 past 4 and found the enforcement lady jamming the ticket under my windshield (parking enforcement starts at 4pm on north side)
My $75...:(

Op, submit a request for trial. Make sure to check "At the trial I intend to challenge the evidence of the Provincial Offences Officer...".
If the officer does not show up for the trial, you are off the hook.
If the officer is there, you will have a chance to talk to the prosecutor prior to entering the court room, where you will be presented with a reduced fine, in exchange for a guilty plea.

Back
Top Bottom