Parking news flash!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking news flash!!

alb

I was just parking at Yonge and Front. There were workmen there changing the signs on the north side. I asked what was up and the workman said that the North side would now be reduced to the light standard to a metal pole (currently with no sign) to the east.

I know the road runs east west and I have described it from west to east but you will see when you are there it is now a pretty small space. Maybe fits a van.

You're talking about the north side of Front Street, EAST of Yonge, where the street is one way running east? Parking there is only until 3 or 4pm or something already, right?

Hmm. I didn't notice when I left yesterday. I was parked west of the fire hydrant. Today I'm on the south side but with any luck I'll remember to look before I cross the street today. My memory isn't what it used to be.
That means we'll have to get here earlier to be ahead of the silver minivan.

Yep. North side of front st (between Yonge & Bay). Parking has been reduced. The eastern end (in front of "The Bottom Line") is the same, however the western edge is now the first concrete light pole west of that (just past "Ta Ke Sushi"). There is now a no stopping sign pointed west from there and the parking hrs sigh now has the arrow pointed west whited out.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll...GVgiqAQlesF0ZnCOUYILyg&cbp=12,294.18,,0,13.52
The area the blue/black toyota Matrix, Red Ninja 250 et al is now a no stopping/no parking zone.

My guess is construction guys and others were getting frustrated with people parking/stopping too far west where the lane now comes over and slowing traffic etc. Not sure if it's permanent or not, depends on the final look of the street after construction.

Yep. North side of front st (between Yonge & Bay). Parking has been reduced. The eastern end (in front of "The Bottom Line") is the same, however the western edge is now the first concrete light pole west of that (just past "Ta Ke Sushi"). There is now a no stopping sign pointed west from there and the parking hrs sigh now has the arrow pointed west whited out.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll...GVgiqAQlesF0ZnCOUYILyg&cbp=12,294.18,,0,13.52
The area the blue/black toyota Matrix, Red Ninja 250 et al is now a no stopping/no parking zone.

My guess is construction guys and others were getting frustrated with people parking/stopping too far west where the lane now comes over and slowing traffic etc. Not sure if it's permanent or not, depends on the final look of the street after construction.

Very little space left. I hope in 12 years when the construction is finished they put it back to what it was - the entire block.
On several occasions I saw vehicles stopped or parked, sometimes loading or unloading supplies, at the part was it was narrowed (about mid-block) At that point, if a vehicle is stopped at the curb it is blocking almost the entire westbound lane. One day I moved several of the pylons to allow a tour bus through because traffic was backed up around the corners on Yonge St. So now the earlybird definitely gets the worm. I hope the first riders there will do their best to leave openings large enough for bikes but too small for cars.

Back
Top Bottom