Parking in TTC Parking Lots | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking in TTC Parking Lots

Hi everyone first post here!

Just wondering if anyone has parked in a TTC lot? Seems to be the most cost effective parking solution for me for commuting a few times a week to work, office is a couple minute walk from the lot.

Not sure if they even allow motorcycles, there seem to be lots of gaps on an odd side of the lot where you can escape easily.

Anybody have any experience? Finch lot to be specific.

Thanks!

If you drive a car to work, sure. Otherwise motorcycle street parking is free (as long as you also obey the signs) there is plenty of streets to park in that area if I recall.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that motorcycles have to pay for street parking now since the GreenP system came out? Is this not the case?

Can't say I'm familiar with the changes. It isn't safe to assume every motorcyclist has a phone so they can park.
There is another thread on here, being monitored by Face, regarding keeping tabs on motorcycle free parking in the city meetings and whatnot. So far nothing has come up for discussion as far as I'm aware.

Yeah you're right Mango, just did some digging for the legislation, published Dec 8th 2017 so recent enough for me.

Plus they do refer to the location ID that was added since the GreenP system came into effect throughout the articles, but nothing in regards to motorcycles having to pay.

910-11. B.
Despite any other provision in this article, where a fee is stipulated in this article for a
given parking period in a parking space, the requirement to pay or deposit a fee and to
use or activate the parking meter shall not apply to a person parking a motorcycle.

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_910.pdf

Answered my own question! Hope this helps others.

Yeah you're right Mango, just did some digging for the legislation, published Dec 8th 2017 so recent enough for me.

Plus they do refer to the location ID that was added since the GreenP system came into effect throughout the articles, but nothing in regards to motorcycles having to pay.

910-11. B.
Despite any other provision in this article, where a fee is stipulated in this article for a
given parking period in a parking space, the requirement to pay or deposit a fee and to
use or activate the parking meter shall not apply to a person parking a motorcycle.

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_910.pdf

Answered my own question! Hope this helps others.

Also, the legislation you quoted allows for the dedicated motorcycle street parking areas on certain streets (between the yellow signs). I hope this means that they now can/will enforce these motorcycle parking areas. It also exempts motorcycles from the posted maximum time limits where there are parking machines or meters.

"§ 910-6.3. Motorcycle parking.[Added 2017-12-08 by By-law 1440-2017]

A. For the purposes of this section, MOTORCYCLE means a self-propelled vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the driver and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, and includes a motor scooter or other similar plated two-wheeled Motor Vehicle.

B. Despite any other provision in this chapter, where parking machines and/or location ID signs have been erected under the authority of § 910-3, no person shall park any vehicle other than a motorcycle in any parking space designated for motorcycle parking at the side and between the limits set out in Schedule IV between April 1 and October 31,inclusive, of each year.

C. Despite § 910-6, the maximum parking periods set out in Schedule I shall not apply to a person parking a motorcycle.

§ 910-15. Angle parking for motorcycles.

A motorcycle may be parked in a parking space at an angle, provided that no person shall park amotorcycle at an angle less than 45 degrees or greater than 60 degrees to the curb.

§ 910-17.1. Motorcycle parking.[Added 2017-12-08 by By-law 1440-2017]

A. For the purposes of this section, MOTORCYCLE means a self-propelled vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the driver and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, and includes a motor scooter or other similar plated two-wheeled Motor Vehicle.

B. Despite any other provision in this chapter, where parking meters have been erected under the authority of § 910-12, no person shall park any vehicle other than a motorcycle in any parking space designated for motorcycle parking at the side and between the limits set out in Schedule IV between April 1 and October 31, inclusive, of each year.

C. Despite § 910-16, the maximum parking periods set out in Schedule III shall not apply to a person parking a motorcycle."

As far as I'm aware, the by-law that exempts motorcycles from paying to park has not been repealed or amended. The section Ivanshadow quoted confirms that we can still park for free, and I haven't been ticketed yet. Its also a good thing that they have now legalized parking all day for motorcycles.

Before you consider the parking app, read the fine print. IIRC, you are required to back up your Green P account with a credit card, and if you are issued a fine, you have authorized them to access your Green P account and/or credit card to extract that fine. At some time in the future, they may decide to try to use the app to charge motorcycles, but that has its whole set of issues and will be something we will have to deal with if/when it happens.

Last edited:
Face, your feedback and analysis are always greatly appreciated, welcome, and helpful!

Any updates on parking a motorcycle at TTC lots? Problems, tickets etc?

You can park in the Warden North TTC lot if need be. It uses gates and does not use receipts like green p. The gates have room for a bike to pass. No problem parking there.

Back
Top Bottom