Pan-america | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pan-america

They certainly are out there as I've seen one on each of my past few rides.

YouTube "million dollar bogan" for an entertaining series of vlogs on the PanA.
I haven't watched him since the blowup with HD squeezing his balls in a vise. Glad to see he is still making videos.

I haven't watched him since the blowup with HD squeezing his balls in a vise. Glad to see he is still making videos.

I think HD was squeezing Geelong HD's balls actually... Lol.
I guess Corporate HD didn't like some of the banter that took place inside the dealership.
Too politicly incorrect.

So glad i didn't do it. Lol.
I suppose first production years tend to have bugs, but thats a lot of problems(electrical, heated grips, limp mode)

I've heard the 'whine'/initial nonstarter is a design flaw....its supposed to not start the first time? 🤷‍♂️

Still, I suspect there are many happy owners out there who didnt draw the short stick

Still, I suspect there are many happy owners out there who didn't draw the short stick

Given the general reliability (by this I mean lack of reliability) of most HD bikes I'm certainly not surprised to see that the new Pan America has lots and lots of issues. Very new technology for HD, lots of firsts, poorly engineered, sloppy manufacturing, lousy quality management and a rush to release it to market means the customer is effectively a test rider. Question longer term is whether the initial issues can be fixed and will the bike run reliably, or are there inherent design issues that mean the bike just cannot be fixed and will be an ongoing headache. I'll bet that extended warranty is looking attractive at this point.

Are there fully satisfied owners who have had no issues? I suspect they are few and far between.

1st year models of all brands have niggles. To your point, this is quite the leap for HD, these problems will likely be large in scope.

One of the selling features was HD navigation. Hasn't worked from day 1.

One of the selling features was HD navigation. Hasn't worked from day 1.
Actually it does work very well............... As soon as you turn it on it guides you to the nearest HD dealer for service.

Once your warranty or extended warranty expires the program then maps you to the nearest bike recycling yard.

Back
Top Bottom