pan am HOV | GTAMotorcycle.com

pan am HOV

I know on 401 through Toronto you can't . It's a 3 plus only lane. Not sure about HOV lanes that belong to Toronto....

Some of the municipal ones like Eglington, Don Mills allow motorcycles.. Not a new thing. The 400 series ones never allowed motorcycles and have not changed.

That PDF from the City of Toronto is interesting, but they're recommendations. Anyone have the actual by-law amendments that were made?

Edit: I've reached out to one of the contacts listed on the document to see if they have the actual amendments that were put in place.

Edit 2: Found it myself: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2015.PW2.3

4. City Council designate reserved lanes for High Occupancy Vehicles containing a minimum of 3 persons, and for buses, taxis, motorcycles and "Games Client Vehicles", as defined in Part 3 above, required to support the Pan American Games from June 29, 2015 to July 27, 2015 at the locations and for the times and/or days identified in Appendix 2 attached to the supplementary report (March 25, 2015) from the General Manager, Transportation Services.

5. City Council designate reserved lanes for High Occupancy Vehicles containing a minimum of 2 persons, and for buses, taxis, motorcycles and "Games Client Vehicles", as defined in Part 3 above, required to support the Parapan American Games from July 28, 2015 to August 18, 2015 at the locations and for the times and/or days identified in Appendix 3 attached to the supplementary report (March 25, 2015) from the General Manager, Transportation Services.

So that's the important take away. When you take a look at Appendix 2 and Appendix 3, they make no mention of any designations for HOV lanes and the initial report suggested that Gardiner/400 HOV lanes were separate and have to do with the Province. I don't think we have access except if there's new HOVs on city streets somewhere.

Edit: Looks like this has the correct Appendix which lists the DVP and Gardiner as allowing motorcycles in the HOV: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-78679.pdf

Last edited:
4. City Council designate reserved lanes for High Occupancy Vehicles containing a minimum of 3 persons, and for buses, taxis, motorcycles and "Games Client Vehicles", as defined in Part 3 above, required to support the Pan American Games from June 29, 2015 to July 27, 2015 at the locations and for the times and/or days identified in Appendix 2 attached to the supplementary report (March 25, 2015) from the General Manager, Transportation Services.

5. City Council designate reserved lanes for High Occupancy Vehicles containing a minimum of 2 persons, and for buses, taxis, motorcycles and "Games Client Vehicles", as defined in Part 3 above, required to support the Parapan American Games from July 28, 2015 to August 18, 2015 at the locations and for the times and/or days identified in Appendix 3 attached to the supplementary report (March 25, 2015) from the General Manager, Transportation Services.

Wow didn't know Toronto City Council had that much power.. I guess we can now "legally" ride with three people on a motorcycle...lmao Someones got some splaining to do..lol

You're misinterpreting the language, that clause pertains to the previous defined item, "High Occupancy Vehicles", so it's HOV containing min 3 _and_ buses, taxis, motorcycles and GCV

Back
Top Bottom