PA Wheel Chock | GTAMotorcycle.com

PA Wheel Chock

victorbrca

Site Supporter
Anyone knows how good these are? I found a few threads with people saying they had one, but no one actually giving a feedback on quality.

Thanks.

It works ok if you stuff a ~16" 2x4 vertically in the nose. Otherwise, the tire becomes locked / pinned / pinched in it.

I'm using this one:
IMG-20120223-00149.jpg

I use it more for trailering my bike to the track or if I'm doing an oil change or something.
Works well, holds the bike nice and firm. Much cheaper than Baxley and does the same job.

I didn't know they had more than one model. Last time I was there I remember seeing a blue one for about $70 bucks.

I thinks this is the one I saw:

[video=youtube;a0S03fVI-V0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0S03fVI-V0[/video]

I can't comment specifically on the PA chock, but the design looks exactly like the wheel chock from Royal Distributing. I own the RD one. I find it works OK, but I always have to adjust the bike to be precisely vertical. Otherwise, the bike tends to slip sideways within the chock and I'm uncertain whether or not the bile will tip over. In short, it's not as secure as a Baxley, which is why you're paying more for the Baxley than this knockoff. Is it worth the money? Yes, if you don't mind the risk that one day your bike might take a nap in the garage.

I can't comment specifically on the PA chock, but the design looks exactly like the wheel chock from Royal Distributing. I own the RD one. I find it works OK, but I always have to adjust the bike to be precisely vertical. Otherwise, the bike tends to slip sideways within the chock and I'm uncertain whether or not the bile will tip over. In short, it's not as secure as a Baxley, which is why you're paying more for the Baxley than this knockoff. Is it worth the money? Yes, if you don't mind the risk that one day your bike might take a nap in the garage.

I was going to use mine to change the oil tomorrow...if it is that unstable I guess that's not recommended?

I have done a couple of oil changes on my MG V7 while fixed in the chock. It's stable enough if the bike is precisely vertical. I can reef on the oil drain plug and feel that the bike will remain upright. There are times, though, that I catch the bike slowly slipping over and catch it. My V7 use 2.5 x 18" front wheels with 100 / 90 - 18 tire. Maybe this tendency is due to my particular wheel and not the chock.

My V7 use 2.5 x 18" front wheels with 100 / 90 - 18 tire. Maybe this tendency is due to my particular wheel and not the chock.

That might be it -- When I had my CBR250RA I never used it since the bike kept slipping, and it had a 110 front. The CBR650F I have now has a 120, so I'll probably test and see tomorrow.

I need to get one to use on a trailer with my 250. I usually use the rear stands when doing work on the bike.

I thought about the problem I have with the bike slipping in the chock. So, I had an idea about using truck bed liner to increase the friction on the arms holding the tire. I sprayed some on today. It works great. Now the tire feels more secure and the bike doesn't exhibit the tipping tendency when off vertical.

I went back there to day and the chock was gone. The guy said that they are discontinued, and the last one was sold on December 2013.

Anyways, the PA in Kitchener had a set of aluminum stands for a good price, in case someone is looking for a pair. Good to have at the track.

qesute2a.jpg

I fell for this bs, unfortunately you get what you pay for.
The whole chock was of poor quality, bolts didnt even line up, and when i made them line up the whole thing was crooked.
Finally put my bike up on it and it was on a 75 degree angle :lmao:

Save yourself the time and energy and pick up the baxley

I must have gotten lucky.My blue one from pa is solid.It gets used for the Muffin at the track.And in the garage it has held the Couchrocket (900lb) just fine.Baxely is way overpriced for what it is.But i'm just a cheap old cranky guy.

I must have gotten lucky.My blue one from pa is solid.It gets used for the Muffin at the track.And in the garage it has held the Couchrocket (900lb) just fine.Baxely is way overpriced for what it is.But i'm just a cheap old cranky guy.

Been using my $40 harbour freight chock for over 5 years. Street bikes, race bikes, mx bikes. Works great. I think it's similar to rhe PA one.

If I was going to spend real money on something to haul bikes it would be a pitbull, not an overpriced chock

It's not about luck. The blue one is the one made by Cerka, it's a solid chock. I've been using mine for 2 years now and not a single issue.

I went back there to day and the chock was gone. The guy said that they are discontinued, and the last one was sold on December 2013.

Anyways, the PA in Kitchener had a set of aluminum stands for a good price, in case someone is looking for a pair. Good to have at the track.

qesute2a.jpg

Those look awesome. Like those ones at blue streak that are like $500. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom