Overflow tube spitting water | GTAMotorcycle.com

Overflow tube spitting water

sunnyCBR

Hey guys,

Just did an oil change on my '02 F4i. Putting the fairing back on, I was gently putting the overflow tubes back in place and one of them spit out about half a cup/cup of water. Any ideas why that would be, or where it came from? As far as I'm aware, the coolant in the bike is not distilled water. Kind of worried for riding home today from my parents place.

It came out of the end of one of the 3 tubes that spit out the bike.

Any thoughts/help? Is the bike safe to ride?

Are you sure its actually the coolant overflow hose? And not the drain for the gas cap, which will expel any water that collects under the gas cap when it rains?

If the hose was pinched, and you move it, it would release water that was stuck do to the pinch...

We must first figure out exactly what tube it is, and why/how water got in there. How big is that tube? What color is it? Personally, I would not be too worried about water spitting out, if it is just water. Do you have a sealed battery? Maybe it is a battery overflow that was pinched. Even if you have a sealed battery maybe the P.O. left the battery drain tube in?

We must first figure out exactly what tube it is, and why/how water got in there. How big is that tube? What color is it? Personally, I would not be too worried about water spitting out, if it is just water. Do you have a sealed battery? Maybe it is a battery overflow that was pinched. Even if you have a sealed battery maybe the P.O. left the battery drain tube in?

F4i uses a sealed battery...

Back
Top Bottom