Outboard Motor Vibration in Neutral? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Outboard Motor Vibration in Neutral?

Nope you are not wrong , knots are free , don’t scratch the mast or foil and are pretty bullet proof ( if you can tie a knot) .
We change headsails sometimes twice or three times a week , sometimes mid race . Nobody is fooling around with knots . But that’s us . My halyards are mostly spectra synthetic so they don’t really tie well into a knot . And my hobby is splicing so lots of loops on my boats .
We used to send people up the mast crane , then I got involved in management of the yacht club , now I yell at people even thinking about it . My life is managing liability…..

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Mast crane is definitely a little more complicated / sketchy, but we double up on a halyard as well just in case. Not sure if my mast is designed to handle the weight of a person on it, I assume it deals with greater forces on the water but some people told me not to risk it so I haven’t tried 😬

Splicing your own lines sounds like a great idea! Another skill I should probably pick up some day.. I should probably start by whipping the ends of my halyards so I don’t have to force them through my jam cleats with a flathead screwdriver every spring.

Back
Top Bottom