Ordering from RevZilla | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ordering from RevZilla

ouch.
I just spoke with them today asking if they know about any BlackFriday Deals on the Shoei GT Air II helmet.
The rep (Jon) said that he isnt 100% sure but to watch my email inbox as they may send some promo out the day of.

But he did note on the account that I could get a 10% on my first purchase. I thought that was great.
After doing some rough caluclations, I think I will be cheaper or more less the same to buy the helemet here. Maybe some deal (no tax or something similar) at the January bike show.

Just bought a seat for my harley from Revzilla cost me $700 NZD including the shipping got a phone call from UPS for incurred custom fees another $176 NZD :(

For everyone's info who gets dinged with a UPS brokerage fee, this is totally AVOIDABLE if you can self-clear the item at an inland CBSA office.
1) Never pay the driver at the door delivering your item, tell them you'll be self-clearing your items
2) Call UPS 1-800-742-5877, then select option 3, and tell them you'll need the documents to self clear your stuff. They will email everything to you within the same day usually
3) Go to the nearest inland CBSA office, pay your duties, and get the documents stamped
4) Email/fax stamped docs back to UPS (Trenton CBSA office was nice enough to fax them for me when I was there). Find an office here:
Inland Office (INLAND) | Directory of CBSA Offices and Services | Canada Border Services Agency
5) Go pick your item at UPS warehouse, or allow the driver to deliver it at no charge the next day

Just went through this a couple of weeks ago, was not happy to pay $70 for item, $30 for shipping, $9 duties and then an extra $30+ for UPS brokerage fees.

Not always will you be hit with the UPS issue. I ordered about $160 worth of crap from motorcyclesuperstore last week and did not pay a dime in customs fees; although I did pay Canadian taxes to the superstore.
Someone has a bill coming in the mail.

NEVER order from a company outside of Canada that uses UPS.

Remember the good old days with Stephen Harper as PM when our dollar was $1.30 to the US $1.00? I was ordering motorcycle gear hand over fist from Revzilla and every other US vendor clearing out their Clearance Isles. Stuff I didn't even need.

How things have changed.

With the dollar the way it is, it's not worth ordering from the US. You'll get hit with the exchange, shipping costs, import fees, brokerage fees and end up paying more.

Shop Canadian. Fortnine.ca has a great selection and free shipping that's really fast. They're great to deal with.

Maybe one day when we have another male Prime Minister, our dollar will soar against the US greenback...one can dream.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Someone has a bill coming in the mail.

NEVER order from a company outside of Canada that uses UPS.

Remember the good old days with Stephen Harper as PM when our dollar was $1.30 to the US $1.00? I was ordering motorcycle gear hand over fist from Revzilla and every other US vendor clearing out their Clearance Isles. Stuff I didn't even need.

How things have changed.

With the dollar the way it is, it's not worth ordering from the US. You'll get hit with the exchange, shipping costs, import fees, brokerage fees and end up paying more.

Shop Canadian. Fortnine.ca has a great selection and free shipping that's really fast. They're great to deal with.

Maybe one day when we have another male Prime Minister, our dollar will soar against the US greenback...one can dream.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I find that FED EX as well always comes back and charges me custom and brokerage fees. it's so stupid.

...............With the dollar the way it is, it's not worth ordering from the US. You'll get hit with the exchange, shipping costs, import fees, brokerage fees and end up paying more.

Shop Canadian. Fortnine.ca has a great selection and free shipping that's really fast. They're great to deal with..................

Generally speaking, above is true. Exception is OEM parts for your bike where you either order from a CAN dealer or a US dealer or parts house. For parts that I have to order from Honda US sources are still cheaper overall. Always order from a vendor shipping via USPS and not Fedex or UPS.

Back
Top Bottom