Ordering from RevZilla | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ordering from RevZilla

victorbrca

Site Supporter
Anyone ever order from RevZilla? Did customs get you on taxes?

Thinking of ordering a jacket from them.

I ordered a $270 worth of stuff last week from them got hit with a $21 customs fee. Order was shipped by USPS Priority.

I haven't ordered from RevZilla specifically, but customs charges are hit and miss.. even if someone else didn't get charged doesn't mean you wont. If you can get it shipped USPS (will be Canada post when it arrives) that will be the cheapest route because they don't add extra charges to the customs.. whatever you do DO NOT ship UPS.. they add HUGE brokerage fee's to the customs charges that more then triple them..

yeah it's hit and miss. i've ordered from them without fees on ~$450 of merchandise

they mark down the value too, but you can still get hit. it's shipped USPS Express Mail International (~$50 for a helmet) if i remember correctly

I haven't ordered from RevZilla specifically, but customs charges are hit and miss.. even if someone else didn't get charged doesn't mean you wont. If you can get it shipped USPS (will be Canada post when it arrives) that will be the cheapest route because they don't add extra charges to the customs.. whatever you do DO NOT ship UPS.. they add HUGE brokerage fee's to the customs charges that more then triple them..

Not always will you be hit with the UPS issue. I ordered about $160 worth of crap from motorcyclesuperstore last week and did not pay a dime in customs fees; although I did pay Canadian taxes to the superstore.

Just dont order anything from RS taichi from the states. Exceptional quality gear but you'll get hit with a +30% customs duty on chinese/japanese whatever it is import, better to order from the canadian dealer in BC. Anything else as mentioned you're going to pay a very small duty as long as its shipped USPS. UPS brokerage is vicious.

I order from them too often I think. Never pay taxes even if you decide you want to ride down there so you can try it on before buying, no tax! I have always had them ship my stuff to the UPS store in Lewiston and I use kinek.com. Revzilla ships to US for free and I pay $10 to pick it up. Takes me about 2-2.5 hrs there and back but I often time my purchases with a trip into the states. Yes I reliaze my time is worth something, but it's an excuse to go for a ride.

Having it shipped to my home, not only do I get dinged with tax but also a processing fee, this is with USPS/Canada Post. NEVER use UPS! You'll end up having to pay brokerage fees that can be more than what you bought!

Just an FYI the duty free limits have changed as of June 1 - a 24 hr stay gets you a pass for $200 and anything over 48 gets you a pass on $800.

I just bought their Airwave jacket and pants combo a few weeks ago. Last year I bought a jacket, wasn't sure about the colour and size 100%, so I had them ship 2 jackets in 2 sizes and colours, tried them on at the UPS store and sent back the one that didn't fit as well. I think it cost me an extra $10 to ship it back and Revzilla doesn't charge re-stock fees. I did this on the way to the Dragon so I ended up not paying anything on the way back. In fact depending on what and how much you get, I have been told to have a nice day and drive right through after just going to pick up my stuff and coming right back. Otherwise you pay 13%.

I've always had great service from Revzilla and will continue to shop there. In fact I have a trip planned this July and will be timing a glove purchase from them.

I ordered from them in the past and I have nothing but good to say about them.
They even give you Revzilla dollars which is like Canadian Tire money that you can use towards your next purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great company to deal with. Been lucky on the postage. Will certainly deal with them again.

Yeah - excellent return service - no questions asked and good incentives to continue to buy.
I get mine shipped to our address in the US so can't comment on into Canada but they are an exemplary company to deal with.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys. I'll post back with what happened after I buy from them.

I ordered a seat from them.. never had any duty at the door. fast shipping too

Their Canadian shipping policy says minimum order requirement of $300. Are they flexible on this amount?
Redballs, sounds like you got away with < 3 bills.

I've ordered from them twice. Great experience both times.

Helmet sent to a friend with a US address, so no taxes or delivery charges. They noticed a very minor paint chip on the last one they had in my size, so they called me up and offered 25% off (if I still wanted it) before sending it. They e-mailed photos so I could check out the chip before deciding.

I had a jacket sent to my work address here in Toronto by USPS (definitely the best way). They declared the value at less than 1/2, so duty wasn't too bad. Arrived on time, which was critical because I was leaving on a riding trip a couple days later. Used the Revzilla$ from the helmet as well.

Great service all around!

Their Canadian shipping policy says minimum order requirement of $300. Are they flexible on this amount?
Redballs, sounds like you got away with < 3 bills.

I've ordered from them twice recently, both orders under $300 and had no problems and only a small fee at the post office for taxes.

Not always will you be hit with the UPS issue. I ordered about $160 worth of crap from motorcyclesuperstore last week and did not pay a dime in customs fees; although I did pay Canadian taxes to the superstore.

You got lucky. Last time i had anything shipped UPS from the states, it was a warranty replacement, and they charged me 50 bucks on an $80 product. I fought with them on the phone for an hour, because they wouldn't release the package without payment. I even had the company send a fax to me with a commercial invoice stating it was a $0 warranty replacement, but they wouldn't accept it. After all that crap, I had to go to the depot, pay the 50 bucks, and that's the last time I've used UPS for anything, domestic or international. they are a bunch of crooks.

I really like RevZilla, they're knowledgeable, friendly and customer oriented. I've ordered two items from them (jacket and gloves) and had no issues. When I told them about a fall in my jacket they offered me a discount on my next jacket purchase.

I get the items shipped to CBI in Niagara Falls, NY. $0 shipping. I just pay the taxes on the border crossing.

Use CBI's warehouse?

EDIT) i failed at reading prev post

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom