Ordering exhaust online...import duty fees? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ordering exhaust online...import duty fees?

Isn't this a warranty issue?
If you're responding to me...no warranty on the bike. ECU is $900 CAD, $300 US, $500 EURO. KTM is blocking Canadians from ordering their parts from other countries. Ended up getting a used one off of eBay for $200 CAD.

Also, as mentioned, ordering gear I'm running into the same message "this product does not ship to Canada." Something is up. I've never seen this message since online retailers began.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Blackwidow UK and they also make the exhaust. One of the cheapest full systems I could find. Came here in 2 days with UPS

That is a nice find (bookmarking that web site for later) - questions for you:

1. Did you get the full exhaust system shipped to you?
2. What was the overall quality like?
3. Installed yet? What was the fitment/sound/finish like?
4. If installed, got any pics?
5. Outside of the $70, did you get dinged for any other fees yet?

That is a nice find (bookmarking that web site for later) - questions for you:

1. Did you get the full exhaust system shipped to you?
2. What was the overall quality like?
3. Installed yet? What was the fitment/sound/finish like?
4. If installed, got any pics?
5. Outside of the $70, did you get dinged for any other fees yet?

1. Yes to my house
2. Good, came with all parts/exhaust sealant. It's a full stainless steel system and the quality is good, can't picture it being much different from other companies such as Arrows stainless steel system (costs $1400 btw). Both are identical as well.
3. Yes it's installed and was pretty easy. Everything is labeled and self explanatory. Obviously it's loud as ****, if that's something that worries you do not buy a full system. It sounds really good, nice deep and more throaty than before. Fitment/placement is exact same as stock
4. I don't since I'm lazy :/ but here is a link with pics GSR 750 2011-2016 Performance De Cat Exhaust System 300mm Hexagonal Carbon Silencer
5. I just doubled checked. Was $685 with shipping included, $75 duty/import excluded.

Technically I didn't order a full system, I ordered from headers to collector, so the slip on is not shipped (used my existing one). Saved myself around $150

1. Yes to my house
2. Good, came with all parts/exhaust sealant. It's a full stainless steel system and the quality is good, can't picture it being much different from other companies such as Arrows stainless steel system (costs $1400 btw). Both are identical as well.
3. Yes it's installed and was pretty easy. Everything is labeled and self explanatory. Obviously it's loud as ****, if that's something that worries you do not buy a full system. It sounds really good, nice deep and more throaty than before. Fitment/placement is exact same as stock
4. I don't since I'm lazy :/ but here is a link with pics GSR 750 2011-2016 Performance De Cat Exhaust System 300mm Hexagonal Carbon Silencer
5. I just doubled checked. Was $685 with shipping included, $75 duty/import excluded.

Technically I didn't order a full system, I ordered from headers to collector, so the slip on is not shipped (used my existing one). Saved myself around $150

Online currency converters show that exhaust system linked in your post comes out to just over $1100CDN (I used xe.net and converted GBP to CDN) - you got a helluva great deal!

Thanks for sharing.

If you're responding to me...no warranty on the bike. ECU is $900 CAD, $300 US, $500 EURO. KTM is blocking Canadians from ordering their parts from other countries. Ended up getting a used one off of eBay for $200 CAD.

Also, as mentioned, ordering gear I'm running into the same message "this product does not ship to Canada." Something is up. I've never seen this message since online retailers began.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Was responding to a few people.

Ive certainly had gear, tech, etc not be available to ship to Canada from the U.S. for as long as I've been buying online. I always assumed it was because they couldn't honor warranty claims cross border.

Back
Top Bottom