Optimum gearing for Calibogi... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Optimum gearing for Calibogi...

basmn

Site Supporter
03 r6....what is best gearing for this track..I run lower pack mid group....?
Thanks

Have you ever ridden Bogie before?

TBH gearing is not that important for a track day there. I would guess if you have ridden Shannonville the gearing should be similar.

Have you ever ridden Bogie before?

TBH gearing is not that important for a track day there. I would guess if you have ridden Shannonville the gearing should be similar.

Gearing is more similar to Mosport than Shannonville as it’s a higher speed track.

Gearing is more similar to Mosport than Shannonville as it’s a higher speed track.
Not sure I would agree with that. It is a fast track but the straights are shorter than Mosport's back straight where you can run out of rpm if you are not geared right

you're not going to run out of RPM at Bogie, I wouldn't worry too much about gearing

I run the same gearing for Shannonville as Calabogie, however I never get to 6th at Shannonville.
-1/+2 or 0/+4 on a 2006 CBR600RR.
You can afford to run a little shorter than stock, as said earlier, you won't run out of RPM.

Not sure I would agree with that. It is a fast track but the straights are shorter than Mosport's back straight where you can run out of rpm if you are not geared right

Now that you mention it, ya... I think I was maxed out in 6th at Mosport and at Bogie I was at the top of 5th....I think.

I didn’t do any track last season and clearly I’m old and not remembering right...lol!

Now that you mention it, ya... I think I was maxed out in 6th at Mosport and at Bogie I was at the top of 5th....I think.

I didn’t do any track last season and clearly I’m old and not remembering right...lol!
No worries. I have to look up what tire pressure to run at the beginning of each season because I'm old too. GSXR1000 I run 1 down and 1 up at Mosport and 1 down and 2 up at Bogie and shorter tracks.

Back
Top Bottom