OPP PSA regarding grass clippings on road | GTAMotorcycle.com

OPP PSA regarding grass clippings on road

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Well done, not sure how many morons that didn't know this already will see it but even one changing their behaviour could help.

Isn't it illegal anyway. Pretty sure there is a bylaw in Toronto.

anyone scared of grass clippings should sell the bike, FFS
Karens are everywhere
Well they are slippery and easily preventable. Do you care if someone sprinkles gravel in a corner?

I am not pushing hard enough on the street for grass to cause me an issue but that doesnt mean I think ignorant asshats should be increasing the danger for others.

of course I care about gravel

View attachment 50472
Some would disagree with you.
KecsLYKKRNUaJZU-800x450-noPad.jpg

iu

a matter of degrees

nice pull on that anecdotal info
Better than complaining how some should sell their bikes, and calling them Karen.

I just provided some factual information around the situation.

I agree that it's not a big issue, and people will move beyond it, but there's a first encounter for everything.

You could say the same about gravel, and I wouldn't disagree. Are you going to hang up your helmet?

Edit: There's also sand, diesel, oil, black ice and leaves. None of which I'd like to encounter in a high speed corner.
Like you said it's a matter of degree.

Isnt this going to cause people to get all their clippings on the road?

"I don't want those hooligans on my roads"

Isnt this going to cause people to get all their clippings on the road?

"I don't want those hooligans on my roads"
To J_F's partial point, it's not a big deal if you're aware.

To J_F's partial point, it's not a big deal if you're aware.
sure, knowing is half the battle. still sucks... I remember riding in the muskokas and seeing gravel and sand pretty deliberately/unnaturally spread in corners of a twisty area (i think torrance barrens)

on straights, it doesn't matter much ..but when weaponized you can't really predict it in a blind corner that you haven't taken several times.

oh well

950 lb bike, too hot into the corner, handful of front brake
instead of accepting responsibility for not riding for the conditions
blame the grass that's drying up and blowing away

Two sides to a coin.

It never hurts to put the information out there as I’d be shocked if the majority of people even think they might be creating a bad surface for motorcyclists.

I’m shocked the cops cared enough to post that.

As riders we should do our best to ride within our limits but you never know what might get you.

Maybe ride 20km/hr at all times and you’ll be safe

Also most jurisdictions have a bylaw that states not putting stuff in the roadways. Although rarely enforced it doesn’t change anything. There is a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

sure, knowing is half the battle. still sucks... I remember riding in the muskokas and seeing gravel and sand pretty deliberately/unnaturally spread in corners of a twisty area (i think torrance barrens)

on straights, it doesn't matter much ..but when weaponized you can't really predict it in a blind corner that you haven't taken several times.

oh well
I think this happens because people with trailers who can't go around corners without the trailer on the shoulder. And ATV's who have to drive on the shoulder and throw it into the lane when they cross over. Seen a lot of that up around Calabogie area.

They should lock up home owners with large trees in their front lawn....leaving wet leaves on the road. menace to society.
There's a difference between nature taking its course and blasting debris on the road with power tools.

rained here this afternoon, made the roads slippery
I called the OPP and demanded they ticket the clouds
You've put way to much effort into this now. Go for another ride Grumps.

Edit: and watch out for grass clippings - you'd never live it down!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom