Opinons/advice wanted..to Bazzaz or not to Bazzaz | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinons/advice wanted..to Bazzaz or not to Bazzaz

GSPLover

Site Supporter
Last year I picked up a slip on for my 2012 gsxr600. With it on I DO notice a loss of power\ummph\get up and go particularly at highway speeds. With
the stock can on when I rip the throttle the bike rockets away, with the slip on the throttle response feels less and the power\torque\ get up and go just isn't there.
So Ive been thinking I can take the bike with the slip on mounted to somewhere like riders choice and have the bike dyno tuned and the stock ECU flashed permanently.
Or I can throw in a Bazzaz.
I dont mind getting the stock ECU flashed as I dont plan to the remove the slip on after, but with the bazzaz I can play around with maps and if\when the time comes to sell the bike I can simply remove the Bazzaz and still have the stock ECU settings.

Cost is about the same either way.

Opinions/advice?

im no expert but here is my cut. Bazzaz/PC control fuel. The flash can alter timing, fuel and any restrictions for emmisions..do the flash

Maybe you didn't really loose power with the slip on. You could be more used to the bike or because the slip on makes more noise you think you should be going faster.

No... Trust me there is less power. I've swapped them back and forth on the same day. There IS a difference.

No... Trust me there is less power. I've swapped them back and forth on the same day. There IS a difference.
In that case I would either go back to the stock can or get the Bazzaz tune done so you can try different maps.

Why? Just throwing this out without info is pointless. Just your opinion. I'm not looking for a full race system. I just want to get rid of the ugly (large) stock can.

Last edited:
Go to the Bazzaz and/or power commander sites and find if there is already a map for your bike model/year and slip on - if there is then purchase teh bazzaz/PC and download the free map, that will be your cheaper option.

There is a difference when you install a slip on, in some cases the power is a little lazy but negligible.

What bike, year and model and what slipon?

Last edited:
What bike, year and model and what slipon?

2012 gsxr600 with an M4 GP Mount and the extra silencer. Without the silencer it was WAY to loud.

Do both. You'll get the added performance from the flash and having the bazzaz properly mapped will clean up your afr.

The downloadable maps are garbage. If you only pick one make it the bazzaz with a custom map.

Do both. You'll get the added performance from the flash and having the bazzaz properly mapped will clean up your afr.

The downloadable maps are garbage. If you only pick one make it the bazzaz with a custom map.
For a street bike? if he has the money sure but that's a good coin to drop.

400 for the fuel management and another 300/400 for a custom map? plus the flash?

I agree it is the way to go but just seems a waste to go to snake road or 507

For a street bike? if he has the money sure but that's a good coin to drop.

400 for the fuel management and another 300/400 for a custom map? plus the flash?

I agree it is the way to go but just seems a waste to go to snake road or 507

Lol but agreed

The extra DB silencer is way too restrictive on that exhaust. I'd bet highly that the stock can is a better setup compared to having it installed with that extra baffle. I'll bet even with a flash/tune you're still down on power compared to the stocker (same exhaust on my 1000 btw and I've tried it with the extra baffle).
I agree it's too loud with it out when you're in a residential area but it sounds soooooo good when you get out of town and can open it up.

The extra DB silencer is way too restrictive on that exhaust. I'd bet highly that the stock can is a better setup compared to having it installed with that extra baffle. I'll bet even with a flash/tune you're still down on power compared to the stocker (same exhaust on my 1000 btw and I've tried it with the extra baffle).
I agree it's too loud with it out when you're in a residential area but it sounds soooooo good when you get out of town and can open it up.

Ummm yes, thats what I'm saying.... stock can has more power than the M4 with the extra silencer. I can't handle the exhaust without the silencer.. I would have a headache every ride.

Last edited:
Why? Just throwing this out without info is pointless. Just your opinion. I'm not looking for a full race system. I just want to get rid of the ugly (large) stock can.

You asked for opinions/advice. I gave you mine. I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear.

You gave JUST an opinion. It's pointless without a reason as to WHY it's your opinion. I could tell you that you should sell your bike and buy a red one.... Just cuzz. You see my point?

That's an old bike, I have a red one now lol. I'm sure Suzuki spent way more time engineering that system then M4 did to make their slip on fit and you act like you're suprised that you lost power. Your fuel map is messed up, yes you could fix it with a tune but best case scenario you MAY correct close to your stock power, but the system is designed to work with a certain back pressure to aid in exhaust scavenging so it's a bit of a crap shoot. Happy?

Ummm yes, thats what I'm saying.... stock can has more power than the M4 with the extra silencer. I can't handle the exhaust without the silencer.. I would have a headache every ride.
Do you wear earplugs? You should never ride without them.

Why not get the equipment and flash it yourself? http://www.gravesport.com/FlashTune-ECU-Type-4-GSX-R-600-750-1000-SV1000-FZ1-FZ8-ZX6-EX300.html

Comes with predefined base maps, start with those then build from there. If you need a dyno shop familiar with that equipment talk to Danny at Champion Cycle: http://www.championcycle.ca/

Back
Top Bottom