Opinions on louder exhaust 2003 vstar 1000 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinions on louder exhaust 2003 vstar 1000

gs500f

My sister wants to get her husband done more aggressive pipes for his vstar, does anyone have any favorites or recommendations ?? I'm a sport bike guy so I'm kinda lost when it comes to cruiser accessories. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. All I know is he wants them very loud.

Thanks guys
Dan

I am sure there is enough Harley guys here that can explain the best way to turn gas into noise without the side effect of power. :D

After the pipes are installed avoid Oakville and Caledonia..:rolleyes:

I'm fairly new to the whole motorcycle experience but it seems a popular choice for V-Star's are the Vance & Hines pipes... maybe that's a point to start on?

Ya I looked at those just looking for real life opinions from people. If it was my bike it would be different but it's hard when it's a bday present and they can't know about them.

Ya I looked at those just looking for real life opinions from people. If it was my bike it would be different but it's hard when it's a bday present and they can't know about them.

Look around and get prices and have her get him a prepaid visa, then he can get what he wants. include links to all the sites to show a real effort was made to understand bike exhausts. I am sure he will be happy with that.

I have an 03 Roadstar. After riding it for a season I installed a set of Cobra Speedstar exhausts. The pipes have a nice low rumble at idle and vicious bark when you twist the throttle. The sound evens out at cruising speed with a nice powerful sound that isn't overwhelming. I can say from experience that there was a notable increase in power.

I like Cobra because of the looks, but not so good on the material made for the heat shields that turn it blue in the long run.
Vance and Hines I am running on my Shadow, no problems, I love it. Wish it looked nice.

Then you get into really good pipes which are Hard Krome.

Please note that you have to jet the carbs after getting pipes.

I used to have Voodoo pipes on my Busa. I really liked the sound, as it was deep, and grumbly and sounded mean! The only problem was was when I would start it up it would set off all the surrounding car alarms in my parking garage. I also liked them as they were really short black pipes. I guess it's just a personal prefence but i don't like the big canon like exahausts.

I have these hardkrome shotgun style installed and seems Oakville by-law safe on normal riding throttle or idle. It is real loud and scare other babies when throttled. So far I am satisfied with it.

I found that putting the baffles back on made it a bit more reasonable. I've got VH long shots with the viper tips
on my Shadow. I jetted both carbs to keep it running at a nice even stroke.

Baffles off it was just plain too loud for me.

And stay away from the west end, scudzo 2 is right-Oakville and up to Caledon - they will ticket loud pipes.

Last edited:
I have a 03 Vstar 1100 with V&H I believe they are Cruzers, they were on the bike when I bought it. They give a nice low rumble at idle and a good roar when you get on the throttle. It really depends on what he's looking for. What ever you choose make sure you are re-jetting to balance the engine. If he is looking for more performance he will need to change the air intake also. Have a look on the Vstar forums lots of info and good advice there.

I'm wondering why this is in the touring cruising section. Does the OP want to increase the number of places hostile to bikes?

My apologies if it's in the wrong forum, I assumed this was the cruiser section ( duh cruising/ touring lol) read my initial post ... I am not asking for me, this is a present for my brother in law and I know nothing about cruisers. I ride a quiet bike... Some ride loud bikes .. To each their own I say. If this topic needs to be moved please do so, but I'm asking so that we can get a set of "louder" pipes, louder than stock but not " Harley loud " lol.

I put Cobra on my 650 Vstar with no problems .. Awesome sound, and not bothered by the police, just enough to get the cars to notice my presence while in the city .. PS .. my bike is for sale
33mor4j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom