Opinions on DynoJetting an 86 YX600 Radian | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinions on DynoJetting an 86 YX600 Radian

rawr

Site Supporter
Okay, it might be a silly question, but would it be worth it and/or would i notice much of an improvement in the power band if I were to spend $90 on a Stage 1-3 DynoJet kit for my 86 YX600?

Yes, I realize it's a 25 year old bike, but it's the same engine as the FZ-600 just a slightly different power curve...

Has anyone had any experience with this bike?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Okay, it might be a silly question, but would it be worth it and/or would i notice much of an improvement in the power band if I were to spend $90 on a Stage 1-3 DynoJet kit for my 86 YX600?

Yes, I realize it's a 25 year old bike, but it's the same engine as the FZ-600 just a slightly different power curve...

Has anyone had any experience with this bike?

Cheers!

If you're running the stock exhaust, it really doesn't need it. Plus with the teeny tiny gas tank, can you really afford the dent to your mileage? :p

Are you trying to fix some kind of running problem? Radians were fairly quick bikes, I'd be surprised if the difference would be at all noticeable considering how short it's geared. And don't take any crap about it being 25 years old! I loved mine, I regret having to sell it. PM me if you want a free paper air filter for it.

Maybe not a "jet kit" but I am quite sure the jetting could be improved at by a qualified technician, on your 25 year old bike.

If you're running the stock exhaust, it really doesn't need it. Plus with the teeny tiny gas tank, can you really afford the dent to your mileage? :p

Are you trying to fix some kind of running problem? Radians were fairly quick bikes, I'd be surprised if the difference would be at all noticeable considering how short it's geared. And don't take any crap about it being 25 years old! I loved mine, I regret having to sell it. PM me if you want a free paper air filter for it.

I'm running the stock exhaust at the moment... I'm considering changing that at some point though.

I wasn't really thinking of jetting it to correct any running problems, just wanted to add a bit more oomph in the mid-high end power band.

As for the teeny tiny gas tank, yeah, that is a bit of a sore point on this bike... if only there were larger tanks available...

Thanks for the input!

Come to think of it...

I had a 91. Yamaha might have slightly increased the size of the main jets after 88, I could be wrong. So ... maybe it wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom