Online selling scams | GTAMotorcycle.com

Online selling scams

Ricky6R

Site Supporter
So i was browsing bikes on kijiji and I came across this bike with an unbelievable price tag. The seller was asking for $5000 for an 11 zx6r with less than 500k

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-W0QQCatIdZ304QQerrorIdZ1

Out of curiosity I followed up on the ad with an email and this is what I got back.

This bike has absolutely no mechanical problem, no scratches, rust or dents, no accidents.I am letting it go for $5000, shipping and handling included. I am selling it because my husband died and I don't need it anymore.

Because I am not able to close the deal myself, I have chosen to use a third party company to handle the sale. This way we are both protected.
Let me know if you're interested and if you have questions.

Sarah

It is at the Amazon Payments warehouse in Vancouver, you could ask them about the reference number is 447452. The shipping is included in the price, no extra fees.
I want to use as a third party Amazon Payments ( visit their website, click here on Amazon Payments ) because I have an agreement with them and a purchase protection account of $50000 so we will both be 100% protected in this deal.You will have to make the payment to Amazon Payments. The shipping will be started in 24 hours after your payment is confirmed. The bike will be delivered in 3 or 4 days. From the moment it arrives at your door, you will have 5 days to test and inspect it. If it doesn't match my description or if you find anything wrong with it, Amazon Payments will refund your money is 3 working days and I will be in charge of the return shipping fee. They will hold the money until you confirm that the bike is as expected.This way we are both protected. I am sure that you have the funds to buy it and you can verify that the bike is as advertised knowing that a 3rd party has the payment secured.In order to start the transaction, please click here to go on Amazon Payments at: Register & Buy and register, once you do that, Amazon Payments will send you the invoice with all the payment and shipping details.

Sarah

What a bs story to make up.

I had the same offer from a michelle in Montreal on a ducati. Maybe they are related.....

I saw this ad while browsing Myself, Just kinda laughed at it and moved on. None of the numbers add up $5000 for an 11 zx6r with less than 500k.... I smelt the scam cooking.

Seems legit.... send them western union instead though... for your protection of coarse.

i use to get those while looking for cars it all ******** they have pulled this scam plenty of times on kijiji , if you search google you might be able to find info on the scam

Had the same thing for a 2011 R6.
I ased for the PO and they sent me one for Amazon payments. I then called Amazon and asked about that transaction number, they told me that it isn't their number...
If it is too good to be true, it most like is...

The links that "she" sent you are not going to Amazon (obviously)
If you click on the link, the page looks like Amazon, but it is a personal website hosted by www.000webhost.com

All the information that you enter to "register" will not go to Amazon, but directly to the scammer
Then, he sents you an invoice... you pay the $5,000 and never receive anything in return

The victim may think "Wait a minute, the website said clearly that I was protected"

Amazon Payments covers buyers who complete a transaction for the following types of deliberate and material misrepresentation by the seller: Paying for a vehicle and never receiving it.

So the victim thinks, "I better call Amazon and get my money back"

Good luck when you contact the real Amazon.com... they'll be like LoLz

You can tell its legit because they are so honest. Being an honest seller, they are ok with the shipping of a motorcycle to you in 3 to 4 days, then giving you 5 days to ride it and decide if you like it or not. Scoop up this deal before its gone!

tell them your brother lives in that city and he can pick it up Today!!

wait for the replies, if they come.

Guess what I do for a living... That's right. I build websites. For an ad agency. This site that you've linked too is laughable. First off amazone would have used a CMS system for something like this, the javascript of the fee calculator is nonexistent and therefore the form does nothing, the VACAU.COM domain is known to be owned by 000webhost.com to facilitate sub-domain accounts. The code is crap, the images are crap... The only effort they honestly put into this set up was the sheer number of pages/references.... So stupid. Always (regardless of where the link came from) verify link destinations. A quick "whois" search will tell you if a domain is legit or not. what a fool.

I still laugh at the guy at work who fell for this scam except it was for his dream truck...haha what a maroon... Even after everyone at work told him it was a scam...he still went for it....like a deer in the headlights...

I longer need this bike BECAUSE MY HUSBAND DIED....WTF

stop right there are move on

tell them your brother lives in that city and he can pick it up Today!!

wait for the replies, if they come.

i did that with the car one i emailed and my story was her and her husband split up and it was his vehicle and she didnt wanna meet in person in case it was someone he knows trying to get his truck back for him even though she got it in the divorce lol

Sounds legit. Husband passed away. You'd be stupid not to buy it. I buy all my bikes shipped at no cost to me. They should all be arriving any day now.......

yeh.. this has been going on a while now. Just for laughs i contacted the person as if i was definitely interested [fake name and one-off email address of course] Her sob story was that she had this beautiful R1 as part of a divorce settlement with her ex who took off overseas. She was to sell it and keep the money and then let him know how much she sold it for. Of course, just to screw him over she was willing to sell it dirt cheap! After a couple of emails with questions about it, still trying to see where it went I got a reply that was "Look, do you want the effing bike or not!" But I guess there are suckers that will do it, or they wouldnt keep trying.....

Back
Top Bottom