One Year M1 Rate Drop With Jevco | GTAMotorcycle.com

One Year M1 Rate Drop With Jevco

isometrik

After calling around to various insurance companies getting quotes for a 2006 Suzuki sv650s, Jevco seems to offer the best rate at about ~$2600. However, the particular broker I was speaking to assured me that if I wait until I have had my M1 for 1 year, the rate drops to around $1600.

Since my temporary license is long gone and my license has since been renewed, I don't know of the exact date I received my M1, only that it was mid July. Is there any way I can find this information out? If I claimed to have had my M1 for one year and received the discounted rate, is there any way they can check? If I were to make a claim would I be denied coverage?

After calling around to various insurance companies getting quotes for a 2006 Suzuki sv650s, Jevco seems to offer the best rate at about ~$2600. However, the particular broker I was speaking to assured me that if I wait until I have had my M1 for 1 year, the rate drops to around $1600.

Since my temporary license is long gone and my license has since been renewed, I don't know of the exact date I received my M1, only that it was mid July. Is there any way I can find this information out? If I claimed to have had my M1 for one year and received the discounted rate, is there any way they can check? If I were to make a claim would I be denied coverage?

You can't lie on an insurance application -- they will find out when they pull your driver's abstract from the MTO before writing your policy. You can obtain your own driver's abstract from the MTO for a fee.

FYI, Duffy posted that Jevco is changing their rule so that you require one year of INSURED experience, rather than just having your M1/M2 for one year.

Your M1 is only valid for 2 or 3 months (I forget). After that you either get your M2 or start all over...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jevco has not change the rule regarding 1 year of M1/M2/M. You still do not require previous insurance to qualify for the "other" rate.

You can't lie on an insurance application -- they will find out when they pull your driver's abstract from the MTO before writing your policy. You can obtain your own driver's abstract from the MTO for a fee.

FYI, Duffy posted that Jevco is changing their rule so that you require one year of INSURED experience, rather than just having your M1/M2 for one year.

Sorry Viffer. Just to set the record straight I posted that Jevco did not change their rule. Please see my thread - Duffy: Jevco 2011 changes - sneak preview.

2) Good news! No change to the rule that Jevco will provide their Preferred rates to riders licensed for a full year regardless of whether or not they have insured a bike in that year.

Hey buddy, talk to Cornerstone agents. They can get u the preferred rate without 1 full year on M1 (but you need G and has to be close to 1 year). My agent doesn't do motorcycle anymore, but that's what he got for me. My m1 anniversary is at end of May, but I am insured with their preferred rate for a few months now when I got my bike in mid march.

Sorry again Viffer. You corrected that before I posted my response. That'll teach me for responding before I've gone through all the replies!

Yes, I messed up and realized that in post #7 above. I forgot that you mentioned that this potential change was not implemented. It's still a strange rule IMO, but as long as it is there, people might as well take advantage of it.

may i ask how old you are? Im 19 and im going to have 1yr riding experience in July. Im thinking of switching from my 250r to an SV650 if the price is righht. Im paying a wopping 2400$ a year with Monnex and i think that is WAYYYY tooo much.

19 M - Got a 09gsf500 with Jevco - 2260 full. Going in tomorrow to see what the rates will be for a sv650...I'll update...

*Cheesemuffin, you done school, its boring riding all over myself - motorcycle meet?

Back
Top Bottom