Oil and Filter $$$ | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oil and Filter $$$

OK. I'll say it. Rotella.

That's the same cost as Yamalube 10w50 Semi-Syn - $85 (4L), and OEM filter - $20

Which bike is this for? Probably a Harley judging by that oil.
Yup, 2005 Fatboy and 2009 Electra Glide Classic, air cooled engines like 20w50. Prices are getting crazy. Before covid I was buying 5 gallon pails of Amsoil 20w50 in Toledo for $42 US. Local shop in Oakville is looking for $26/litre

Yup, 2005 Fatboy and 2009 Electra Glide Classic, air cooled engines like 20w50. Prices are getting crazy. Before covid I was buying 5 gallon pails of Amsoil 20w50 in Toledo for $42 US. Local shop in Oakville is looking for $26/litre
I was using casrtol from CT least expensive (and fram oil filter) with my Electra Glide (TC 103), and probably the same stuff as syn3 from HD. Seemed ok to me. I tried different brands etc didn't seem to make any difference. Yup this "inflation" is out of control. Doesn't help out CAD dollar sucks as well.

Damn.
I was just in the USA, forgot to pick up some oil. Rotella is much cheaper there.

I went to buy a filter (K&N) from a local dealer in TO for a surprising $24+tx for an oil change on Saturday, I buy my 4L oil jugs from shows ($45 or $55 cash?) for synth LiquiMoly nowadays - even with the cost of the show entry fees to enjoy a morning/evening of bikes during the cold times, i think it's worth it.
Every so often I'll see the cost of Motul for full synth, something like $95/4L? yikes... Althouugh i think I jsut need 2.5L, so it works out.

I went to buy a filter (K&N) from a local dealer in TO for a surprising $24+tx for an oil change on Saturday, I buy my 4L oil jugs from shows ($45 or $55 cash?) for synth LiquiMoly nowadays - even with the cost of the show entry fees to enjoy a morning/evening of bikes during the cold times, i think it's worth it.
Every so often I'll see the cost of Motul for full synth, something like $95/4L? yikes... Althouugh i think I jsut need 2.5L, so it works out.
$45-$55 is a good price for 4 litres now a days. I always look at the prices when I'm at the bike shows but no one ever seems to carry 20w50

Try Hiflo oil filters. Can usually find the correct one on Amazon. Should be cheaper and imo better quality than the KN ones.

You just beat me while I was typing something similar. Fortnine has amazing prices on Hiflo filters, and apparently they're the OEM for some manufacturers.

I was using casrtol from CT least expensive (and fram oil filter) with my Electra Glide (TC 103), and probably the same stuff as syn3 from HD. Seemed ok to me. I tried different brands etc didn't seem to make any difference. Yup this "inflation" is out of control. Doesn't help out CAD dollar sucks as well.
Didn't your HD sputter to dead on the road, and remains in pieces in your garage? :LOL:

Didn't your HD sputter to dead on the road, and remains in pieces in your garage? :LOL:
Good point. Damit. I'll be quiet now!

BTW It was more of a breather issue, too much crank pressure.

Good point. Damit. I'll be quiet now!

BTW It was more of a breather issue, too much crank pressure.
What is happening with all those parts that once were a complete bike?
Yard sale?

What is happening with all those parts that once were a complete bike?
Yard sale?
Oh I plan to put it back together. I just need to order the parts. HD has a kit for this it's actually not that bad. The other thing is adding a relieve system to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

Oh I plan to put it back together. I just need to order the parts. HD has a kit for this it's actually not that bad. The other thing is adding a relieve system to prevent this kind of thing from happening.
And then...?

Sell it or be a baller with 2 bikes?

And then...?

Sell it or be a baller with 2 bikes?
I think on this site you have to do better than 2 bikes to be a baller. Or maybe it depends on the 2 bikes. I have 6 runners and I'm far from a baller.

Back
Top Bottom