Off-roading club for riders without rides | GTAMotorcycle.com

Off-roading club for riders without rides

NoExit

I’m looking for help to start a non-profit club for trail riders who don’t own a trail-riding vehicle. The club would have a fleet of dirt bikes (maybe ATVs and snowmobiles too) located with access to a vast riding area an easy drive from Toronto, such as the Ganaraska Forest.

I used to belong to a sailing club that was similar: A hundred or so sailors sharing the fun, excitement, cost and work of owning a couple dozen sail boats for a few hundred bucks a year.

I’d like to create the same for trail riding.

Want to get involved? E-mail TrailShare5000@gmail.com to join the planning.

I'm happy to discuss the idea here, but want to take planning outside GTAMotorcycle to include people from other communities.

Thanks,

Philippe

Sounds like a great idea. Insurance may be a killer though. Also keeping the machines in good repair could prove to be a challenge.

I agree that it sounds pretty cool. But there are many issues around it. Insurance will be high, plus you'll need a secure place to keep the bikes, and there will have to be enough surplus in the budget to include breakdowns, complete engine maintenance and eventual retirement of the bikes.

Still I'd be happy to help if I can, I live a few minutes away from the Ganny.

If I lived closer I would be up for volunteering my time and services for it, providing any type of medical support, riding techniques and spending time in doing maintenance since I like to wrench, but... I live about 5 hours from the GTA.

Sounds like a great idea. Insurance may be a killer though. Also keeping the machines in good repair could prove to be a challenge.

Certainly lots of issues to tackle. That's why I'm looking for a few people to help make the inquiries to see if they idea might fly. If you can help, please e-mail me at TrailShare5000@gmail.com, as I'm gathering people from a few different forums and want to take this discussion somewhere neutral.

(Didn't we ride together about two years ago in Durham with Doughy, XrayBoy and another guy on KTM 640 from AdvRider? I had a BMW G650X-Challenge)

If I lived closer I would be up for volunteering my time and services for it, providing any type of medical support, riding techniques and spending time in doing maintenance since I like to wrench, but... I live about 5 hours from the GTA.

Maybe it's time to move;). Thanks for the moral support, anyways.

I just emailed you as well. Sounds interesting. You'll probably hit a few hurdles but sounds promising.

Back
Top Bottom