Off-roading a Goldwing? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Off-roading a Goldwing?

I suppose this goes in the "Why does a man climb a mountain?" category. I must admit it takes a special kind of person to not use a 500lb 400cc off-road designed motorcycle in favor of a 900lb leviathan with low profile interstate suspension. Must've been the stereo.

With the windshields removed, I think these guys are doing it as an experiment and as a fun weird thing to do with an inexpensive bike.

Last year I did a lot of rough gravel roads on a street bike, but it took a lot of street miles to get there in the first place.

There's a lot of backcountry available from gravel roads that a cruiser can handle well. That's a lot of ADV riding you can do at a fraction of the cost of a GS. I'm not saying it's a better tool for the job, but if money means the difference between riding or talking about riding...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If that was me in the video it would be a lot shorter and probably involve a lot of undignified screaming and broken bones

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Holy jeebus. I tried a motocross track on a CT70 as an adult and thought that suspension was not up to the task. I can only imagine how harsh it would be on a wing. Woops were the worst part.

FWIW, IME old Honda's jump very well. They are quite happy in the air. I stopped jumping my nighthawk when I realized one day how far it was actually flying and became worried that the front end may give up upon landing. The K75 was horrendous, get it in the air and you risk death. The Ape didn't fly much as it sucked up the bumps but was ok in the air, just heavy so not as much fun as the Honda.

Back
Top Bottom