Of all the idiot moves to pull....parking enforcement U turn moron | GTAMotorcycle.com

Of all the idiot moves to pull....parking enforcement U turn moron

wtskm

I was east bound this morning @ 6:50 am on Queen W right before Trininty Bellwoods park / Strachan Ave.

A parking enforcement ***** head decides to pull a U turn in front of me from a parking spot.....

I mean seriously !!!!!!

I was running late, otherwise would have caught up to him to get the car number and called 311 or whatever to report him.
I'm used to cabs and luxury car ****** bags doing to this to me downtown....

just venting

Stan

I was east bound this morning @ 6:50 am on Queen W right before Trininty Bellwoods park / Strachan Ave.

A parking enforcement ***** head decides to pull a U turn in front of me from a parking spot.....

I mean seriously !!!!!!

I was running late, otherwise would have caught up to him to get the car number and called 311 or whatever to report him.

just venting

Stan

Parking enforcement officer is just a fancy title for meter maid. I would not expect highly from them.

You can report cabs, mail trucks...etc as well.

Btw, if a luxury car doing this to me, i would feel better as lawyers will accept my case easier.

They are just as much idiots as anyone else. Doesn't surprise me. I don't expect much from drivers and am rarely surprised that way.

At one time this sort of no look U-turn was so common on Beverley St. north of Queen that I just stopped driving there.
Cage and bike both.

At one time this sort of no look U-turn was so common on Beverley St. north of Queen that I just stopped driving there.
Cage and bike both.

So what happen if you ramp into them? Who is at fault in insurance companies eyes?

So what happen if you ramp into them? Who is at fault in insurance companies eyes?
O. Reg. 276/90, s. 7. (1) This section applies when automobile “A” collides with automobile “B” while automobile “B” is entering a road from a parking place, private road or driveway. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 668, s. 7 (1).

(2) If the incident occurs when automobile “B” is leaving a parking place and automobile “A” is passing the parking place, the driver of automobile “A” is not at fault and the driver of automobile “B” is 100 per cent at fault for the incident.

O. Reg. 276/90, s. 7. (1) This section applies when automobile “A” collides with automobile “B” while automobile “B” is entering a road from a parking place, private road or driveway. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 668, s. 7 (1).

(2) If the incident occurs when automobile “B” is leaving a parking place and automobile “A” is passing the parking place, the driver of automobile “A” is not at fault and the driver of automobile “B” is 100 per cent at fault for the incident.

thanks. its getting complicated without a camera

Speaking from personal experience, the police will not do anything about someone pulling a U-turn in front of a motorcycle unless there was an actual collision, or you had dash cam evidence. So reporting a parking enforcement officer will be a complete waste of time.

I also have my doubts about dash cam videos. I don't trust that the police or defense lawyer on the other side wouldn't go looking for anything (no matter how small) on the video to try to lay part of the fault on you.

If there's no contact nobody cares....'cept the "victim".

Exactly! Enforcement is not about the potential danger the infraction could cause, its about how easy it is to prosecute. Hence the focus on speeding and the lack of enforcement on actual bad driving.

Everyone, keep your eyes open out there. The best we'll get from gov't/police is a well intentioned ad campaign.

So just to take a kick at the beehive,

"You were running late", so you were at or under the speed limit, you were visible and had your mind on what you were doing ?( riding a highly invisible machine?)

Just wondering....

just venting

Stan[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom