Odometer Calibration - Anyone know where I can get this done? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Odometer Calibration - Anyone know where I can get this done?

grecomoto

Get guys, I recently got a speeding ticket and I'm convinced my Odometer is not accurate (it is an aftermarket odometer installed by the previous owner). I can't seem to find a place in toronto that calibrates odometers, can anyone help me out? Where can I get this done? It is vital to my defence.

Thanks everyone, and safe riding!!

- Jason

If you have a GPS you can test your speedo with it. Just go at 100km/h (on your bike) for a while and check your gps, it should be 7% lower, so around 94km/h. If so, your speedo is kind of accurate. If the discrepancy is bigger, get a speedo healer and fix it. Your odometer should be accurate despite the 7% discrepancy on your speedo. My VFR and my old 650r are like this, speedo 7% off but the odometers are accurate.

Get guys, I recently got a speeding ticket and I'm convinced my Odometer is not accurate (it is an aftermarket odometer installed by the previous owner). I can't seem to find a place in toronto that calibrates odometers, can anyone help me out? Where can I get this done? It is vital to my defence.

- Jason

Odometer or Speedometer???
Best advice is to get a GPS unit and if its the speedometer then check speeds and if it is the odometer then check distance.

If it is off then you gearing has most likely been changed and you need a speedohealer or speedoDRD.

just pace a car set on cruise control....50....80......& 100

As mentioned, verify that your speedometer is off using a portable GPS.
Then buy a speedohealer or SpeedoDRD.

- Jason

CORRECTION: Speedometer! Sorry guys! That's what I meant, I dont have a portable GPS so i'll try looking into these speedohealer or speedoDRD.

Thanks guys!

CORRECTION: Speedometer! Sorry guys! That's what I meant, I dont have a portable GPS so i'll try looking into these speedohealer or speedoDRD.

Thanks guys!

The speedohealer and speedDRD will not auto calibrate it. You will need to know the gearing in order to program them correctly.

Back
Top Bottom