"Obstruct Plate" | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"Obstruct Plate"

Cop was obviously impaired at the time and the charge will be dropped ?

Hmm, you know what, I take it back - it's definitely not the stock mount. It's a 2011 GSX-R600 (the insurance slip also shows 'Alstare' in the name, I can't really find any info on whether it was a special edition or if that means it has a lower-profile plate mount from the factory, though). I'll get a picture when I'm over at my folks next as it's in hibernation, but yes, I'm an idiot and never really asked the seller what was aftermarket or not. In any case, the cops who pulled me over the first time never had anything to say about it, but this guy did. Next Spring I'll see if my mechanic has any stock plate mounts lying around, because this is definitely not something I want to have to worry about again.

LOL. Well thanks again to everyone who replied.

Hmm, you know what, I take it back - it's definitely not the stock mount. It's a 2011 GSX-R600 (the insurance slip also shows 'Alstare' in the name, I can't really find any info on whether it was a special edition or if that means it has a lower-profile plate mount from the factory, though). I'll get a picture when I'm over at my folks next as it's in hibernation, but yes, I'm an idiot and never really asked the seller what was aftermarket or not. In any case, the cops who pulled me over the first time never had anything to say about it, but this guy did. Next Spring I'll see if my mechanic has any stock plate mounts lying around, because this is definitely not something I want to have to worry about again.

LOL. Well thanks again to everyone who replied.
1608596338113.png

Yes, and NO. I can recall MANY a quieter shifts, 2 - 3 Patrol cars sitting side by side flipping thru to HTA, to find some obscure section. Then finding one, (which was almost NEVER enforced). For example I will use one that could be enforced ALL the time but hardly ever is.

Stop sign - stop wrong place.

Now if you think WAY back, when you got your licence, there are certain places you are SUPPOSED to stop when you encounter a stop sign. If urban setting, then it is where that THICK white line is painted your front bumper MUST be behind that, when you stop, even IF the view is obstructed you ARE required by law to stop there then you may creep forward to a position of clear view.

So after deciding upon which section it was the 3 cruisers would resume patrol, and see who would be first to write the ticket for it. Didn't matter, if it would stick in court. If it was happening 30 years ago, you can bet it still happens, (especially with young newer officers). We also had "approved" campaigns, similar to the "blitzs" of today. Back then it was called STEP Selective Traffic Enforcement Program. The supervisors of each shift would put the word out as to which 5 - 10 sections were to be heavily enforced for the month. Normal year about 6 STEPs were run. So, you just never know, what and when a section may be enforced, more heavily. Nowadays, these type of programs are generally left to the traffic units. Back then there wasn't a dedicated "traffic section" all officers enforced all the time.
If police were to start enforcing every single regulation on the books rigidly, it would create a social crisis, as laws would need to be updated so regularly it would be impossible to keep up. Nobody cares about those antiquated fines for things like riding horses into bars because it's seen as common sense to not get too fussy about it.

Back
Top Bottom