Observations from the Ivory Tower | GTAMotorcycle.com

Observations from the Ivory Tower

invictus43

A lovely view I have, from the Ivory Tower, of the surrounding streets and traffic far below. I often get the chance to observe motorcycles going about their ride. I observed a few today.. I first saw a sportbike going somewhere north of the speed limit..coming up on an intersection in the curb lane, bus with 2 cars behind waiting to turn left from the left lane..only 2 lanes, defined left turn lane. Sportbiker scans, recognizes the dangers (impatient cars may pull out, car may be turning left in front of him hidden by the bus..), slows down, moves to the right-hand part of his lane, clears the danger and moves on. One car starts to move into his path but he's by before any damage can occur. I suspect Sportbiker has been around a while and will have a long, rewarding motorcycle career.

Twenty minutes later, Squids 1 and 2 are meandering through light traffic..swerving between lanes randomly..no signals..lane-splitting..one splitting between a moving bus and a Dodge Caliber (hey..that's an ugly ***-end..I might split to get by one..but I digress..), then gases it before deciding to turn right from the left-lane in front of said bus. I can only imagine the description of how their ride went with no respect from cagers and how ****** they drive. Cagers were hitting the brakes..lightly swerving..trying to figure out what Squid 1 and 2 didn't know..that is, what they were doing.

Saw a cruiser..plodding along in one lane..farting through a gear when there's nobody in front..slowing down...random speed but at least in a straight line.

Takes all kinds I suppose..can't imagine why cagers think motorcyclists are not to be trusted..

get back to work, voyeur.

nevermind the traffic, tell us about the mid-day milfs and cougars walking around

Anybody else see the causality between events 1 and 2?

I now expect every transit bus driver I'm passing to swerve across 3 lanes of traffic and try to push me into the oncoming traffic, only one ever has.

Does Sportbike 1 happen to be blue/white in colour?

I hope that wasn't me on the cruiser you saw! :eek:

Wtf.. Ivory Tower?

This is what I was reminded of.

IvoryTowerNF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom