Nothing changes... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nothing changes...

I don't think they do. But it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. If you are a CAA member there is a bit of a discount on insurance rates (cars at least).
CAA is one of our broker options and does have great auto and home rates but NO they don't insure any motorcycles.

With all this comparing Ontario to BC....
BC has REAL no-fault, backed by the provincial government.
Ontario has MODIFIED no-fault, backed by those dastardly awful investors that take 12%.

... and if you follow ICBC, the Insurance Corp Of BC has been bleeding provincial monies for years. Look at what's happening in condos in Vancouver.
You may save a bit on auto insurance, but you pay in income tax. No real gain.

Typical logic for high insurance coming from all companies

1 In your ZIP code there are many claims so its high
2 Your car is in list of most cars which were in accident so its high, and your next car choice has so many claims as per our data so its high
3 You live in a ghetto area so its high
4 We punish driver who made mistake as well as other clean drivers living in the area.
5 You G license is not new so its high

<-1-> Bad Area excuse, -> so as per insurance company logic when Gun crimes happens in GTA/Toronto in my zip area, everyone in whole neighbourhood should be in 7 day mandatory jail.

<-5-> G license is new excuse, companies think all new drivers are bad and will sure make mistake and even if they never make mistake and become veteran old G driver, they still had to keep paying more price as if they were bad drivers from day 1 until 5-7 years of driving.
-> so as per this insurance logic, A new born should be kept penalized and charged until he gets older and proves that he is not criminal

do not forget the money they charge us for insurance comes after tax to us as we dont pickup $$ from backyard tree.

For example if your insurance is 2500 per year, you must work for 3500 and pay tax on it and then take home 2500$ and then make the company happy

Thanks for reading.

@Priller @TK4 @Mad Mike

im:cool: Did you buy a bike?

almost there as I am paying tomorrow for booking Rocket3R right after I get quote
You should buy and put it in my name, I will insure it,
you pay all the costs and I will let you ride it once in a while,
until you get a ticket or make a claim :LOL:

just kidding, hope you can take a joke, good luck with the motorcycle purchase.

almost there as I am paying tomorrow for booking Rocket3R right after I get quote
That's a nice bike. Ride safe. Don't be surprised if after you think you got a reasonable insurance quote and buy the bike, the broker comes back to you and says a mistake was made and it is 300% higher. It has happened to many people.

CAA is one of our broker options and does have great auto and home rates but NO they don't insure any motorcycles.
CAA's MyPace can be a great money saver for keeping a second car that's not driven often because of COVID or other reasons.

That's a nice bike. Ride safe. Don't be surprised if after you think you got a reasonable insurance quote and buy the bike, the broker comes back to you and says a mistake was made and it is 300% higher. It has happened to many people.
can you suggest some companies who do not do such things?

CAA's MyPace can be a great money saver for keeping a second car that's not driven often because of COVID or other reasons.
Yup. I have a Jeep that I keep at my place up North and a RAM pickup I keep at my house. They are spares that get a few thousand km a year. I pay $90/1000 km to insure them. Since they are occasional use only, I paid about $600 to insure both for the last year. Gotta love CAA.

No. My comment wasn't company specific. I don't know if it was broker error, quoting system error, an underwriter that picked it up and said hell no or what. There have just been many occasions of people getting told insurance will be crazy expensive, they find a better price, buy the bike and a few weeks later insurance sends them a letter than says their rate is going up by a lot. At that point your options are pay it, sell the bike or try to shop around but company one will probably keep ~25% as minimum retained premium and you may not find much better so that sucks too.

Ya they do that, they will tell you they accidentally used the wrong VIN on your quote, then they send you a letter that says they won't be offering you insurance on that restricted motorcycle, then you go elsewhere for a year or two, then eventually they say oh, I guess we can insure you now, seeing as you haven't died in the last 2 years lol ... been there, done that, have the bills and letter to prove it.

This will be my 50th. consecutive year for purchasing motorcycle insurance ?

Last edited:
Best thing you should do is visit the dealer or call and get the VIN number. Call a few agents/Brokers in the insurance section and tell the. To quote based on the VIN.

I’ll be honest, if you live in the GTA, quoting that bike for a new rider will probably be upwards of 3 or 4K/year. Most will probably tell you they don’t insure riders without their M2 as well.

Best thing you should do is visit the dealer or call and get the VIN number. Call a few agents/Brokers in the insurance section and tell the. To quote based on the VIN.

I’ll be honest, if you live in the GTA, quoting that bike for a new rider will probably be upwards of 3 or 4K/year. Most will probably tell you they don’t insure riders without their M2 as well.
He got an online price for a little over 3000. I dont believe that. We are talking 2500 cc not 750 cc.

Triumph_Rocket_3R_01.jpg

Looks a little bit like a freight train,
look what they did with the front forks, bet that was to stop the front end from wiggling horrendously.

Triumph_Rocket_3R_01.jpg

Looks a little bit like a freight train,
look what they did with the front forks, bet that was to stop the front end from wiggling horrendously.
Looks great, instructor colleague of mine has the 1st gen and this one.

Dry weight 641.5 ? too bad you can't ride them dry, holy im:cool: you better be built like the terminator.

Back
Top Bottom