not sure if this has been discussed previously .. regarding taking motorcycle to across border to usa | GTAMotorcycle.com

not sure if this has been discussed previously .. regarding taking motorcycle to across border to usa

docmayank

if i am taking my bike on a trailer or pickup truck .. do i get scrutinized same as if i am getting a transport company to take the bike for me ??
i know driving across the border they dont give that much trouble but right now its winter time and snowing alot so was wondering if putting it in a cube van or something is a better idea to take it along across the border

i have a yamaha yzfr3 2015.

Make sure you have current ownership and plates with you -- you'll need it coming and going.

As above, just make sure you have the ownership and all related papers and you're fine.

Re a cube van, IMHO, that's just going to attract more attention. And attention at a border crossing is never good.

Also make sure you have any and all documentation to show where you may be riding, like a trail permit or whatever.

Shouldn't be an issue or concern. In the Nexus line border agent asked why we weren't riding vs. trailering 2 ST bikes (in Oct. 2019) and my response was that it was raining for the next 2 days so trailering was a better option to get to North Carolina. As long as your registration, insurance etc.... papers are in order should be no problem.

Back
Top Bottom