North American International Motorcycle Supershow - Jan 3-5, any good? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

North American International Motorcycle Supershow - Jan 3-5, any good?

This year will be the first time in years that i haven't gone with one of my bikes.:cry:

I have a pic my wife took of me trying to get my duc back into the garage thru a ft of snow about 10 yrs ago. Lol.
oH917Sn.jpg

Last edited:
Is GTAM having a booth?
I hear that Accelerated Technologies will be there.

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

I have a pic my wife took of me trying to get my duc back into the garage thru a ft of snow about 10 yrs ago. Lol.
oH917Sn.jpg
Didn't you have your trials bike there a couple years ago? The one you had the frame powdercoated green?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Didn't you have your trials bike there a couple years ago? The one you had the frame powdercoated green?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Yes, and my TY175 at the SOCT booth. The green one is for sale right now.

.... It would be fun to get into.
! Don't do it ! it's highly addictive and renders all other forms of motorsports slightly boring.

Anyone going to this? I know there are a few different shows early in the year. Is this one of the good ones? Always nice when a lot of the brands are there with bikes to sit on and get a feel for.

[/URL]

NO IT SUCKS. !!!. Good luck getting a chance to "sit on & get a feel". Lucky to even be able to see them with the crowds around them.

As far as deals on any gear or parts, you'd have had better luck checking out your local shops for clearance items B4 they take it to the show. At least you could check out what they have in relative peace. At the show you will fight the crowd to look at stuff &/or try it on. Sure you might save a few $$, but it will be eaten up by the admission fee & your travelling costs. Fugg... if you have a beverage or 2 & a snack you will be losing $$. Plus the frustration of the crowds & sweating like a pig as you try to find what you want.

Long past it's due date. All hype & no substance. Still.. if you are a Sons of Anarchy fan, or a Chopper Build Off devotee, you just might dig it.

NO IT SUCKS. !!!. Good luck getting a chance to "sit on & get a feel". Lucky to even be able to see them with the crowds around them.

As far as deals on any gear or parts, you'd have had better luck checking out your local shops for clearance items B4 they take it to the show. At least you could check out what they have in relative peace. At the show you will fight the crowd to look at stuff &/or try it on. Sure you might save a few $$, but it will be eaten up by the admission fee & your travelling costs. Fugg... if you have a beverage or 2 & a snack you will be losing $$. Plus the frustration of the crowds & sweating like a pig as you try to find what you want.

Long past it's due date. All hype & no substance. Still.. if you are a Sons of Anarchy fan, or a Chopper Build Off devotee, you just might dig it.
Wow, a bit of a chilling view. Did your gal may jump onto another guy's Harley at last year's show?

He's just upset that he didn't get value for the 20$ visitor fee, after the show people have charged hundreds from the retailer for a show booth.

Wow, a bit of a chilling view. Did your gal may jump onto another guy's Harley at last year's show?

I used to go every year @ one time. Then it just got stale. Same shite always. To drive from the Kitchener area & waste the time & $$ is just not worth it.

Took a break for a few years. Went back & still crap.

I'm not into cruiser clubs, Jesus clubs, wannabe tough guy clubs, etc..

Mostly old guys with goatees & big bellies walking around playing the "biker from way back" roll. Everyone dressed like their bike is parked outside. The largest demographic (to which I belong) just gets older every year, & not prettier I might add.

Most of the used bikes are overpriced crap. Better deals on kijiji.

Shite beer in a plastic cup for a rip off price. Drive around looking for parking then freeze yer arse off walking a mile to the entrance.
A lot of vendors are selling junk.

Like I said... too many people around the bikes to get a real look. You can't stand back & check out the overall effect.
If you find a helmet or apparel for a reasonable price, by the time you take into account your fuel, food/refreshment cost, & the admission fee you are lucky to have saved much at all. I find the atmosphere fatiguing as hell.

Go if you must. It's your time & $$ . I'd be interested to know how many go & genuinely feel like it was time & money well spent.

If I want to get irritated I could just call up my ex-wife & get it for free from the comfort of my own living room.

Don't say you weren't warned.

I have always gone to the show to meet and greet with folks i know. Usually come home without having looked at any bikes.

I have always gone to the show to meet and greet with folks i know. Usually come home without having looked at any bikes.
... and I bet you got in free. (sort of)

I used to go every year @ one time. Then it just got stale. Same shite always. To drive from the Kitchener area & waste the time & $$ is just not worth it.

Took a break for a few years. Went back & still crap.

I'm not into cruiser clubs, Jesus clubs, wannabe tough guy clubs, etc..

Mostly old guys with goatees & big bellies walking around playing the "biker from way back" roll. Everyone dressed like their bike is parked outside. The largest demographic (to which I belong) just gets older every year, & not prettier I might add.

Most of the used bikes are overpriced crap. Better deals on kijiji.

Shite beer in a plastic cup for a rip off price. Drive around looking for parking then freeze yer arse off walking a mile to the entrance.
A lot of vendors are selling junk.

Like I said... too many people around the bikes to get a real look. You can't stand back & check out the overall effect.
If you find a helmet or apparel for a reasonable price, by the time you take into account your fuel, food/refreshment cost, & the admission fee you are lucky to have saved much at all. I find the atmosphere fatiguing as hell.

Go if you must. It's your time & $$ . I'd be interested to know how many go & genuinely feel like it was time & money well spent.

If I want to get irritated I could just call up my ex-wife & get it for free from the comfort of my own living room.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Lol. Tell us how you really feel!
I have to say I agree with your comments.
I get a lot more out of the manufacturers show at the ex.

Lol. Tell us how you really feel!
I have to say I agree with your comments.
I get a lot more out of the manufacturers show at the ex.

This, x10.
The one in Mississauga has a weird flea market feel to it.

So now that you've all been to the great yearly spectacle at the International Centre, I'm genuinely interested in how much you enjoyed it

Did you get great deals ?. Was it worth the admission fee ?. Did you see anything spectacular ?. How easy was it to view the new bikes ?.
How pleasant was it to peruse the booths of clearance items in search of what you wanted to buy ?. Were there many quality items offered at decent prices ?.

Were the booths all motorcyclist oriented, or was there some real crap with no relationship to riding whatsoever ?.

Did you enjoy the food & beverages ?. Were they reasonably priced ?.

I'm more interested in the views of those that had to drive some distance to get there, not just up the block. Also your general attendee, not someone who works a booth for their club or other organization.

Was it just ok because it's winter & you'd go to any event for some sorta bike fix ?.

Anyone purchase a used bike from the great selection/deals usually available at this event ?.

Let's hear some comments !!. Maybe it's improved since my last visit. Perhaps my view of it is totally out of whack with reality.

Back
Top Bottom