North American International Motorcycle Supershow - Jan 3-5, any good? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

North American International Motorcycle Supershow - Jan 3-5, any good?

There's already another thread open with opinions and reviews of the show...

So now that you've all been to the great yearly spectacle at the International Centre, I'm genuinely interested in how much you enjoyed it

Did you get great deals ?. Was it worth the admission fee ?. Did you see anything spectacular ?. How easy was it to view the new bikes ?.
How pleasant was it to peruse the booths of clearance items in search of what you wanted to buy ?. Were there many quality items offered at decent prices ?.

Were the booths all motorcyclist oriented, or was there some real crap with no relationship to riding whatsoever ?.

Did you enjoy the food & beverages ?. Were they reasonably priced ?.

I'm more interested in the views of those that had to drive some distance to get there, not just up the block. Also your general attendee, not someone who works a booth for their club or other organization.

Was it just ok because it's winter & you'd go to any event for some sorta bike fix ?.

Anyone purchase a used bike from the great selection/deals usually available at this event ?.

Let's hear some comments !!. Maybe it's improved since my last visit. Perhaps my view of it is totally out of whack with reality.

I almost didn't see it. Sticky threads are easily overlooked. I'd rather it was just left in the regular section.

True true

So did anyone get a truly good deal?

I'm in the market for new leathers and a helmet, but have a pretty good relationship going with GP Bikes so like Destructo I put a pass on most of the shows these past few years.

I signed up for Sharp rider.

$350 show price (plus $34 entrance for me and wife) vs $465 regular.

So that is good deal I think.

Also wanted to get hjc c70 helmet but fortnine has it about the same price with the colour I wanted.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

So now that you've all been to the great yearly spectacle at the International Centre, I'm genuinely interested in how much you enjoyed it

Did you get great deals ?. Was it worth the admission fee ?. Did you see anything spectacular ?. How easy was it to view the new bikes ?.
How pleasant was it to peruse the booths of clearance items in search of what you wanted to buy ?. Were there many quality items offered at decent prices ?.

Were the booths all motorcyclist oriented, or was there some real crap with no relationship to riding whatsoever ?.

Did you enjoy the food & beverages ?. Were they reasonably priced ?.

I'm more interested in the views of those that had to drive some distance to get there, not just up the block. Also your general attendee, not someone who works a booth for their club or other organization.

Was it just ok because it's winter & you'd go to any event for some sorta bike fix ?.

Anyone purchase a used bike from the great selection/deals usually available at this event ?.

Let's hear some comments !!. Maybe it's improved since my last visit. Perhaps my view of it is totally out of whack with reality.

I went on Saturday evening as I was able to use the $3 off coupon at 5pm. I drove from Port Hope (+/- 54 minutes according to google), and got a parking spot near the door. I bought a bag of candied peanuts (pricy), but no other food or beverage.

It was not crowded in any way, and I had lots of room to look around and sit on anything I wanted. I looked at all the bikes in the main halls, but skipped the custom hall this year.

I wasn't looking to buy anything so I didn't visit the gear displays.

Looked at all the vintage bikes and visited the club booths. I ended up running into a guy I used to ride with in the OFTR booth. We talked for about 45 minutes, (he's 78 and still rides off road).

Meeting up with him was worth the admission on its own, but overall the show was EXACTLY as I expected and worth the drive, time and admission. As noted earlier, it is mostly something to do.

Would have been a good year weatherwise for the Supershow.A LOT better than 2014.The DOCC had a 40'X15' booth with 2 bikes in it.The drive home was interesting.60kph all the way and no one passed me all the way.Took my wife and i 15 min to push the bike up the driveway.Good times!
w3HZy1i.jpg

I went on Saturday evening as I was able to use the $3 off coupon at 5pm. I drove from Port Hope (+/- 54 minutes according to google), and got a parking spot near the door. I bought a bag of candied peanuts (pricy), but no other food or beverage.

It was not crowded in any way, and I had lots of room to look around and sit on anything I wanted. I looked at all the bikes in the main halls, but skipped the custom hall this year.

I wasn't looking to buy anything so I didn't visit the gear displays.

Looked at all the vintage bikes and visited the club booths. I ended up running into a guy I used to ride with in the OFTR booth. We talked for about 45 minutes, (he's 78 and still rides off road).

Meeting up with him was worth the admission on its own, but overall the show was EXACTLY as I expected and worth the drive, time and admission. As noted earlier, it is mostly something to do.

78 and still rides offroad... Helmut or Paul?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

78 and still rides offroad... Helmut or Paul?

Lloyd.

I saw Helmut there as well, but I don't know him personally. I did see a Paul (but he's younger that Lloyd), and a couple Bills.

Lloyd.

I saw Helmut there as well, but I don't know him personally. I did see a Paul (but he's younger that Lloyd), and a couple Bills.

Wish the shows were on this year :( :( :( Really enjoyed the date with all the manufacturer booths

Agreed. And being the market for a new bike there are several that I would love to see in person and sit on. Of all the years I’ve been going, I haven’t really been in this position. Oh well.

Agreed. And being the market for a new bike there are several that I would love to see in person and sit on. Of all the years I’ve been going, I haven’t really been in this position. Oh well.
what's on the short list?

Back
Top Bottom