Noob question regarding keeping insurance on you? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Noob question regarding keeping insurance on you?

kobe

I know this is probably a weird question, but do you guys keep your ownership, insurance, etc. On you or on the bike?. I just bought a used ninja 250 and has a solo seat cowel which doesnt feel that secure, so i don't really want to keep the paperwork in there. In my car I just keep everything in the glove box.

Seems like I might have the George Costanza wallet if I fit all the paperwork in there.

Any input appreciated.

Yea at some point i thought the same but granted you close it proper should be OK. Just tuck it in with the tool set.

Yea but I have my ownership,insurance and license folded and in my pocket as even tho I have the 2 up seat,there's a hole that falls in to the bike and that makes me nervous to even have the tool kit back there. Congrats on the new purchase also:)

I keep a copy if the ownership and a pink slip under the tool set. Always keep my original ownership at home just in case.

I keep the paperwork on me. It's a costly ticket (failure to surrender insurance card), if you don't have your insurance card on you.

I have a folder with the bike ownership and insurance. I keep it in whatever riding jacket I am using, I don't switch jackets that often, when I do, I switch the folder. Leaving the ownership on the bike seems like a bad idea (if someone steals the bike, they also have the ownership).

Keep it or a copy on you...the ticket is about $110 for not having it. I know...just got one.

Stays in the jacket in a zippered pocket. most of the gear all the time at least. :)

and George Costanza had the best wallet of all time.

I have a folder with the bike ownership and insurance. I keep it in whatever riding jacket I am using, I don't switch jackets that often, when I do, I switch the folder. Leaving the ownership on the bike seems like a bad idea (if someone steals the bike, they also have the ownership).

You keep your ownership in your car right? Same thing.

It's advisable to never keep your original in either your car or your bike. A photocopy of it just like 250 Matt said is the way to go! Never have to worry :)

I keep them under the seat, in a zip lock bag. Whenever I take the seat off, it's always there.

I keep a photocopy of the ownership in a ziplock bag and I use a strip of velcro to attach it under the seat so it stays secure. My owner's manual is also in the bag. My insurance slip is in my wallet.

I keep mine on the bike, because if I don't, I know I will forget it one time, and that will be the time, I need to produce it. lol.
Original insurance slip, is required...not a photocopy.
Ownership - a photocopy is acceptable, so you don't have to keep the original on your bike (if security is a concern)...don't let a cop tell you otherwise.

I keep my ownership in my jacket and remember to move it if I use a different jacket. On the bike is not secure. If someone wanted to steal your bike, or just mess with you, and they find your insurance slip on your bike, they will know your name and address.

Also note that upon insurance renewal you need to replace the old slip with the new one. I got a ticket, which I fought and won, for not remembering to do this. With the ongoing postal strike you might not get your renewal slip in time, so check and call your insurance company. They can email or fax you one so you can print it and keep it with you.

If someone steals your bike and the original ownership is in there.. You have bigger things to worry about than them knowing where you live... Chances are they took it from your house or condo anyways.

I keep ownership/insurance in my wallet, which I take with me whenever I ride usually in my pocket or a knapsack.

Original insurance papers a must - but you get a couple of copies from the insurance company. Ownership photocopy is fine - however, remember to copy both sides, with a copy of the 2nd part of the TAGS updated every year. Don't stick the TAGs on the photocopy - put them on the original (obviously), but re-copy the back of the ownership.

Just got a $110 ticket for not having the back part copied - cop said it was ok to copy it - but need front and back copies. Also said, that if I went to court with my original the $110 ticket would get thrown out. Of course I asked - then why not just not give me the ticket in the first place.... Something about $65/hr to show up in court - and even if it gets thrown out they are in court and get paid anyway.... lame.

I take an MEC sling pack with me when I ride to store things in. Its really easy to take on and off. I keep anything that would be in my pockets in it. The pack I always keep with my helmet and gear so I can never forget it.

Original insurance papers a must - but you get a couple of copies from the insurance company. Ownership photocopy is fine - however, remember to copy both sides, with a copy of the 2nd part of the TAGS updated every year. Don't stick the TAGs on the photocopy - put them on the original (obviously), but re-copy the back of the ownership.

Just got a $110 ticket for not having the back part copied - cop said it was ok to copy it - but need front and back copies. Also said, that if I went to court with my original the $110 ticket would get thrown out. Of course I asked - then why not just not give me the ticket in the first place.... Something about $65/hr to show up in court - and even if it gets thrown out they are in court and get paid anyway.... lame.

They do that because the majority of people are either to lazy to go or can't get time off work to go.

Back
Top Bottom