No-fault isn't working for motorcyclists | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No-fault isn't working for motorcyclists

... I have an employee benefits policy for my employees that costs me 100 grand a year, I have modified it many times over the years both up and down and there has never been a law or rule saying I have to inform the employees. I own the policy,..

You do inform your employees though right? Cuz if you don't, you're just a bad employer.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You do inform your employees though right? Cuz if you don't, you're just a bad employer.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sure I do but are you going to rely on every employer doing this?

I'm dismissive about wrong information. Find a legitimate article that proves me wrong and I will accept that information .
I have an employee benefits policy for my employees that costs me 100 grand a year, I have modified it many times over the years both up and down and there has never been a law or rule saying I have to inform the employees. I own the policy,
Stick your head in the sand if you want but don't dislike the messenger cause you don't like the message.

Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. You need to be a little less antagonistic. Not everyone works for a small company like yours where they can make changes like that on the fly. My employer is one of the largest in Canada. If they changed anything between years, there would be 60,000 of us up in arms. As far as I understand, Manulife is contractually obligated to us for the year. Now once that year is up, things can and do change, but not before.

Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. You need to be a little less antagonistic. Not everyone works for a small company like yours where they can make changes like that on the fly. My employer is one of the largest in Canada. If they changed anything between years, there would be 60,000 of us up in arms. As far as I understand, Manulife is contractually obligated to us for the year. Now once that year is up, things can and do change, but not before.

I dont need to be anything. I'm trying to help. If you don't like the tone then carry on and ignore the advice .
Manulife who I deal with as well is not contractually obligated to you , the employer owns the policy, the contract is between them not you.
Enjoy the links I posted

Lots of American content. Not sure how that applies to Canadian employment law.

I dont need to be anything. I'm trying to help.
Read what you wrote again. Then take 5 seconds and read it one more time. Now go back to his comment.

You don't help people by being dismissive of them even IF they are in the wrong.

Lots of American content. Not sure how that applies to Canadian employment law.

there are Canadian articles in the posts too, find a Canadian article that disputes what I'm saying.

Read what you wrote again. Then take 5 seconds and read it one more time. Now go back to his comment.

You don't help people by being dismissive of them even IF they are in the wrong.

sorry I'm not here to hold hands and kiss ass. It isn't kindergarten

Actually it's called respect. I would have thought as an alleged business owner you had gained that skill.

Ignore button indeed.

Actually it's called respect. I would have thought as an alleged business owner you had gained that skill.

Ignore button indeed.

yes alleged. It's all a lie.
You have to give respect to get it and this forum is just not that full of respect sorry.
How about respecting the guy who is trying to help you

Not kindergarten, but this is a community of motorcycle enthusiasts that are here to support and learn from each other.

"How you cut or eliminate benefits:
  1. If you are considering eliminating some or all of the benefits package, there are some precedents where it can be deemed constructive dismissal, meaning generally that an employer forced an employee to be dismissed by significantly reducing their compensation such that they are forced to find a new job.
  2. Talk to your employment lawyer, but if it’s deemed that an employee lost a significant amount of their total compensation due to a cut in the benefits, an employer may be required by common law practice to compensate the employee as if they are being outright terminated."
So there you go. My employer isn't going to want to compensate 60,000 people for "constructive dismissal". Maybe a smaller company might, but it all depends on how much they're saving vs. how much they're penalized.

"How you cut or eliminate benefits:
  1. If you are considering eliminating some or all of the benefits package, there are some precedents where it can be deemed constructive dismissal, meaning generally that an employer forced an employee to be dismissed by significantly reducing their compensation such that they are forced to find a new job.
  2. Talk to your employment lawyer, but if it’s deemed that an employee lost a significant amount of their total compensation due to a cut in the benefits, an employer may be required by common law practice to compensate the employee as if they are being outright terminated."
So there you go. My employer isn't going to want to compensate 60,000 people for "constructive dismissal". Maybe a smaller company might, but it all depends on how much they're saving vs. how much they're penalized.

sure instead of buying the coverage to make sure you are covered you can get a lawyer and sue your employer and wait for years to get compensated. I mentioned this already in a post above.
You can assume all you want and take the risk , I wouldn't but you do you.
Key word in the above are " can be " and "may be"
Not very reassuring

Back
Top Bottom