Ninja 250 turn signals blink faster at speed? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 250 turn signals blink faster at speed?

Sora

Got a 2004 Ninja 250 (technically the ZZR-250, I believe) earlier this summer. The turn signal fuse blew shortly after I got the bike, and I only got around to replacing the fuse a couple of weeks ago.

Since then, I've noticed that the turn signals blink faster when the bike is moving faster. It may or may not have been happening when I first got my bike but I wasn't paying attention. Fuse blew again today, signals were working fine most of the morning going between the office and a remote site via highway until on my way back to the office just now I noticed the turn signals were out again.

I'm thinking I'll pull off the fairings and check the wiring to see if there's a short somewhere, but I can't see how a short would cause the lights to blink at different speeds.

Signals blink normally when the bike isn't moving. At about 100km/h it's blinking so fast it's almost solidly on.

I'll probably replace the relay just to be safe over the winter when I do some other work, but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?:confused:

Sounds like its a relay issue. Generally, it should go through a resister to reduce the amount of power it gets compared to other electronic in the system (Headlight, ignition, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom