Niagara riders. Need advice, planning trip from Toronto to Skydive Burnaby | GTAMotorcycle.com

Niagara riders. Need advice, planning trip from Toronto to Skydive Burnaby

SeaBreez

Niagara Riders.

Need help planning trip to Skydive Burnaby. Sat. Aug. 27th. from Tronto.

The plan is to leave Toronto and jump out of a plane at noon Sat. Aug. 27th.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...e-you-in/page3

Can anyone with knowledge of the scenic back roads of the Niagara region help me put a ride together from Toronto to Skydive Burnaby?

http://skydiveburnaby.com/

Toronto - Skydive Burnaby map.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Thanks for the help...anyone is welcomed to join in the ride there, or the jump. (see above thread for details)

Campgrounds or local hotel suggestions would also be appreciatied.

Last edited:
PM Jay Greene - he knows the jump community....we stopped by there on loop but be damned if I know exactly where it was.

Depends on what time you leave and whether you want to loop outside Hamilton or cross the skyway as to which roads

But there are some coming off the 401 from Toronto and also off the QEW

Bit more info will help - you might be better to get their quick and meander home.

You should get your group to do a sailplane demo flight as well at York Soaring or SOSA.

Last edited:
Thanks MacDoc, I can't seem to find Jay Greene??

I'm mainly interested in the backroads from Hamilton to Burnaby (Wainfleet). I plan to ride 401 to QEW from Toronto.

The more I think about it the more an over nighter (wine tasting) comes to mind afterwards. HHHmmmm???

Last edited:
Well there are actually better roads on this side of Hamilton

Go QEW to just before the Ford Plant and cut north on 9th line to Britannia
Britannia west to Appleby
Appleby S to SideRoad 4 ( easy to miss - lovely road on your right - watch for some gravel )
then west to Walkers hang a left on Walkers to Sideroad 1

Go right on SR 1 over a nice up and down to Guelph Line
Now from here you can cross Guelph line and up the escarpment ( very tight left at the top) and cruise north of Waterdown ( Parkside I think it becomes )
Then cut left into Waterdown and down Snake for a cool short twisty.

Once you get out of the twisty you have a choice
Go RIGHT at the first cross street and continue on twisties and end up in Ancaster ( and get lost as I usually do )
This will utimately loop you outside of Hamilton.
There is a great coffee stop - Coffee Culture in Ancaster . If you are doing this route leave early.

or maybe after Snake better go left there, down to the Lakeshore and then over the skyway. Lakeshore is pretty and twisty but lots of stops - used to be heaven but they put an end to the hard riding :(

Once over the Skyway you can go up Centennial, cut along Ridge Road for a while and then go south to Wainfleet.
There is not a lot of interesting roads in the area until you actually get to Lake Erie.
That's why I think you may be hunting in vain for much of interest S of Hamilton ....it's pretty flat.

The escarpment is really where the good roads are.

Going home you could do Port Dover for perch dinner then head back via 6.

or

Go along Lake Erie, along the Niagara Parkway to the Falls - past that to Niagara on the Lake and then catch the QEW home.
That would be the nicer route.
Depends on the time of day.....the QEW is fine at night - well lit and the less turbulence.

••• Depending on when you are going I'd be happy to meetup - I'm right on your route. - Can guide you for a bit or a lot depending on the day.

Last edited:
A meet up might work, we have till this Saturday to work out the details. Your routes sound great! Back roads from Hamilton to Wainfleet. Scenic but direct would work. We will be on our bikes for a couple of hours then jump out of a plane. I would probably need a rest before the jump.

Sofar we are leaving Scarborough at 8:00 am Saturday Aug. 27 and can be in your neck of the woods in an hour or two depending if any more riders join in.

If some of you have been watching some of my other threads you might know the Skydiving adventure is on Aug 27th. Noon.
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...mer-are-you-in

I'm interested in organizing a ride from the GTA to Skydive Burnaby. There are 4 confirmed Skydivers as of today.

The ride would be all day with local riding at Wainfleet (Skydive Burnaby).
http://skydiveburnaby.com/about-the-...m-toronto.html

I'm looking to have several meeting points along the way, such as Scarborough, Pearson, Oakville Ford Plant, Hamilton etc. Leaders and sweepers and others knowing the area from Mississauga to Wainfleet are welcomed to ride or pass on suggestions - routes, places to see and places to eat?

It would be awesome if a local rider(s) can take the group of non Skydivers on a tour of the area, while we jump from the plane?

We will need to find a place to eat after the jump, can anyone make any suggestions for local dining?

Looking forward to jumping out of a plane and having a great ride to boot.

SeaBreez

Back
Top Bottom