Nexx helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nexx helmets

I have a NEXX XD1 helmet. Had it for some years now. I find the quality to be good, have had no issues with mine. I have the bluetooth installed as well. Sounds ok, not as good as my Schuberth C3 Pro but good enough. Not great if you are travelling and on the interstate and do not have a lot of wind protection. I love the features my helmet came with, drop down sun visor and modular in a way, I can remove the peak and they parts that replace so it is more streamlined and aerodynamic. I personally would not hesitate buying another NEXX helmet.

I have only tried contacting the company once when I was looking for a Canadian retailer of my helmet. They never replied, not even a canned "we got your email" response. So not sure how they would be with warranty or anything like that. Thankfully have not had any issues.

I have a Nexx open face helmet, it was bought on a price point. Its a nice and comfortable helmet, I hope to never test its safety level.

Yeah i heard they are decent helmets but it seems like no canadian retailers so i may have to buy from somewhere online with possible duties. I didn't watn to pull the trigger unless somebody had good things to say about it.

I think the helmets are also ECE approved, it's weird how they don't list it in the description but i think i saw a sticker on the back of one on another site saying it's ECE.

The helmet still costs around $500cad.

Best street helmet I ever owned. Nexx top of the line carbon.
Super light, great aerodynamics, it doesn't rattle or whistle and the top vent is at the top instead of aimed at your temples which is good.
The chin vent broke early on and the manufacturer sent me the replacement parts with no question, go easy on the chin vent when you are opening and closing it with gloves on and it won't break.

I bought mine from Revzilla, had it sent to my sister in PA before she came up here so no duties. I thought safety gear was duty free? This is the only gear I have bought out of country so no experience, just thought I read that somewhere before.

I bought mine from Revzilla, had it sent to my sister in PA before she came up here so no duties. I thought safety gear was duty free? This is the only gear I have bought out of country so no experience, just thought I read that somewhere before.
Fire and climbing last I checked.
Nexx is made in Portugal

If I was looking for that style helmet and was ordering from Revzilla I'd pony up the extra $100 for the 6D ATS-1.

I have a Nexx full-face helmet - not sure what model number. I've had it 3 years, it's seen lots of use and has been good.

I have a nexx x1r-carbon, looking for the new model now as I don’t trust this one for anything but “B” roads now.. feels like I’m not wearing anything on my head, love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting...first time hearing about a Portuguese brand.
It used to always be Italian and German (from Europe) for the most part, no?

I had a decent crash (160km/h) in my Nexx helmet 9 years ago scraping the front of it pretty well and tumbling about. I survived, no concussion or anything. Was going to buy one again but switched HJC because they fit me amazingly and were easier to get my hands on.

Yeah i heard they are decent helmets but it seems like no canadian retailers so i may have to buy from somewhere online with possible duties. I didn't watn to pull the trigger unless somebody had good things to say about it.

I think the helmets are also ECE approved, it's weird how they don't list it in the description but i think i saw a sticker on the back of one on another site saying it's ECE.

The helmet still costs around $500cad.
T's Cafe in Barrie is a Canadian retailer for Nexx helmets. Also if you are a member of SCAR on FB (Simcoe County Adventure Riders) you get a nice discount.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Was going to buy one again but switched HJC because they fit me amazingly and were easier to get my hands on.
All helmets fit differently from brand to brand. (and even different models within a brand) We all spend lots of time in bike shops and pretty much know which helmets fit nicely and which don't. I would be very reluctant to purchase a brand of helmets that I have not tried at leat one or two of their models. I would personally wait till I could try on one of these helmets before buying it. There is nothing like finding the helmet that fits your head perfectly.

I have been using xr1 from UK for a long time and i have an RF-1200. XR1 is lighter and windshield is wider and higher. Shape is elongated compared to rounded on RF-1200. On the road, RF-1200 feels significantly lighter, quiter if the chin-ventilation is closed.

Back
Top Bottom