Newish | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newish

monkeyfarm

Site Supporter
Hello folks,

New to motorcycles and the forum, but glad to be on both. Right now I'm a Brampton local, got my M1 last May and my M2 shortly after, with the help of RideSafe out in Newmarket. This will be my second season on the road, already had my first wipeout (lowside, old tires, and other stupidity). Currently on a older Suzuki Marauder (VZ800).

See you all around the forum.

1649103670763.png

When applied to motorcycle riding - the first crash usually completes the first stage of skill development (brings confidence back to earth,, literally in motorcycling lol)..
Hopefully you are somewhere on the "learning slope of enlightenment" now :)
Cheers.

That graph just ends at the pinnacle of wisdom and confidence, it should continue beyond that. I think I am living whatever is in the beyond and it ain't goin' up.

Don't drive on 12yr old, hard rubber.
Don't "Rossi" a corner in a cruiser on cold tires (or ever, really).
Don't let the tire-shine hit the contact patch.

We'll call it a series of unfortunate events...

Last edited:
View attachment 54277

When applied to motorcycle riding - the first crash usually completes the first stage of skill development (brings confidence back to earth,, literally in motorcycling lol)..
Cheers.
How did i get to 69 yr old without a cool graph?
Welcome to GTAM.

I didn't feel like there was much point of starting another thread for this but I've just had my second ride of the season this past Sunday and this diagram really hit home. I passed the same intersection where I wiped out last fall and I could feel myself getting a little shaky. I wasn't actively thinking of it but I guess subconsciously it was there with me the whole day. I noticed I was a little twitchy the whole day, leading up to the ride and I guess I was thinking about it more than I realized. The fall was quick, the climb back up is quite humbling.

I didn't feel like there was much point of starting another thread for this but I've just had my second ride of the season this past Sunday and this diagram really hit home. I passed the same intersection where I wiped out last fall and I could feel myself getting a little shaky. I wasn't actively thinking of it but I guess subconsciously it was there with me the whole day. I noticed I was a little twitchy the whole day, leading up to the ride and I guess I was thinking about it more than I realized. The fall was quick, the climb back up is quite humbling.

Although "10,000 hours of Practice to Mastery" rule (made popular by Gladwell's book, Outliers) is widely debunked nowadays - it does take a lot of (smart) practice and learning time to get to that illusive "Mastery Level"... Happy practicing! :)

Back
Top Bottom