Newcomer here. Planning to start my 2-wheel escapades in this part of the world. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newcomer here. Planning to start my 2-wheel escapades in this part of the world.

Welcome! Have you got your m1/m2? If not, I suggest this is the best time to get m1 and book a spot for first m2 course of the season (1st week of April generally). This way you can start riding right away in April. Because there’s 60 days waiting after m1 and m2 course provides both motorcycle and m1 exit road test. It’s hard to find a bike to enter road test on your own. Most companies won’t provide insurance to m1 riders.
Just got my M1 today from the Etobicoke center (had to do 6 rounds of the test due to a system glitch!) and booked the M1x course at MTOhp.

Excited! Now just have to figure out the gear (never used gloves in my life 😬) I'll check this forum to read about the gear.

Remember to buy the best gear you can afford.

There are several retailers around the GTA.
Biggest selection will be at GP Bikes in Whitby.
They are running a no tax sale right now for the duration of the bike show.

Don't be afraid to buy some used gear. A used well taken care of jacket will still have lots of life left in it. Keep an eye on Kijiji and FB marketplace. As the weather is getting warmer the motorcycle related ads are increasingly popping up.
You do not need to look pretty or handsome. Protection is much more attractive.

I'm still riding with my $50 Joe Rocket mesh jacket some 3 decades later - just replaced the armor.Pasted Graphic.tiff
My son has a bunch of good mcycle gear available - he can't ride due to illness.😢

Closing this thread by shamelessly cross-posting from another thread:

I finally started riding today- 25kms avoiding 401 each way to work for now (hunting for a place closer to work). Wish me luck.

And if you see a cagey motorcyclist on a Yamaha TMax between Hurontario and Keele, it's most likely me. I'm trying to get to know the roads, speed limits et all in the area. So, if I don't acknowledge you, don't take it personally. 😁

Here's my ride:

img-20230422-wa0001-jpg.60455

What are you talking about?
Oh, you know. Those big black numbers printed on whiteboards which no one on Mississauga roads seems to follow.

I'm confused- does "go with the flow of traffic" applies to city roads as well? 😕

Back
Top Bottom